Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"KEEPERS!!!"

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
In the second half last night, I got fed up of hearing that all the time. Sitting near the front, I had the displeasure of seeing and hearing your keeper pluck the ball out the air on far too many occasions from our hopeless punts upfield. Well done on a what I thought was a good game and a very professional display from your team. You accomplished what you set out to do and you did it well. I hope though that you could see we didn't go out to just get a point as I think a lot of your fans thought we would. Having sky-plussed the game I saw a few snippets this morning and in those few snippets, all I heard was "unbeaten run", "records" and "unbeatable" blah blah blah. Some of my fellow town fans will snipe at me for this but I'm glad its over now. Pressure off, go back to being anonymous and just quietly go about getting promotion. Anyway, credit to your boys and your fans. Great away day/night as per usual and I will be gutted and quite suprised if we aren't in the championship together next year.

Comments

• Best of luck Townterrier, I think both clubs can appreciate the diffculty in getting out of this league and theres a level headedness about both set of fans. Big game in a couple of weeks against Wednesday but I for one hope that we share the Auto's with HTFC (You second obviously) Best of luck
  • All I'd say is when the keeper shouts "Keepers!" you are still allowed to challenge for the ball.
  • Huddersfield impressed me but on the night our lot really performed.

You'll be up there come May I have no doubt.

• Finders Keepers !!!! ... thanks to your team for coming away to the leaders and playing attacking football. The game was a close run thing. Our forwards just a little bit sharper and our defence, as it has been all season, just a bit tighter, meaner and better organised than yours. I hope you get promotion after so many close calls. You'll need to up your 'aggression rate' as the longer the season goes on, the tougher it will get.