Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coffee Machines

Has anyone got any recommendations for a Coffee Machine i can buy? Preferably with a Milk Frothing system.

Comments

• Nespresso Essenza Coffee Machine and Aeroccino by Krups

This is all you need. I must've bought 5 of these for myself, my dad, wedding presents and we've got one at work. I should get commission from Nespresso.

• Got one of them Dolce Gusto ones very good. love it.

Hot Choc is blinding

• Nespresso is the dogs.

• Agree. Great investment. I love mine.
  • That Nespresso machine looks the bollocks! Cheers guys.
  • Nespresso definitely
  • Okay, in time honoured tradition the "fee" is undisclosed*, but I've got a built-in Siemens machine which is superb.  Great choice of brew options/cup sizes, etc and it holds 1kg of beans.  Espresso and regular coffee are produced with a great crema and the latte macchiato is brilliant.  It also saves your favourite brew combo. 

I think they make similar stand alone units which do pretty much the same job.

*probably more than Bournemouth are paying for Simon Francis :-)

• I have the missus makes lovely coffee / chocolate  - think she gets it from some where in the kitchen
  • I despise coffee culture.

When I see twats wandering around with a Starbucks carton the size of their head and held infront of them like some sort of trophy, it induces a searing rage.
  • @Clem_Snide I dont think ill be wandering around with a Nespresso coffee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I've just acquired a Lavazza device that works on the same principle as the Nespresso, very good and with the advantage of not having to deal with Nestle.  I saw the Nespressos on sale in Verona though so I reckon they'll be just as good.
  • How much are the refills for the Nespresso? What does it work out at per cup? Might pick one up when I come over. They are $350 in rip off Australia!
  • The coffee is the key, not machine.  Make sure you have a decent source, preferably a place that roasts the beans.  Buy whole beans and grind when needed.  Avoid pods, they are just wrong!  Spending a fortune on a machine that uses just pods makes no sense to me.  I have a very simple krups machine with frother.  Check out website.

• Bermuda - of course you're right you do need decent coffee fresh beans.  But don't forget that 98.5% of your drink is water.  If it's rubbish tap water with chlorine - you drink will be dreadful no matter what beans you buy. You need to filter the water and if using pressure infusion need to ensure that there's decent water pressure from your machine otherwise you end up with a nasty bitter taste.
  • How much are the refills for the Nespresso? What does it work out at per cup? Might pick one up when I come over. They are $350 in rip off Australia!
    It's about 30p per cup, depending on exactly which pods you buy.

I despise coffee culture.

When I see twats wandering around with a Starbucks carton the size of their head and held infront of them like some sort of trophy, it induces a searing rage.
    Anyone who buys coffee from Starbucks a) has more money than sense, b) doesn't know what nice coffee tastes like
  • Bermuda - of course you're right you do need decent coffee fresh beans.  But don't forget that 98.5% of your drink is water.  If it's rubbish tap water with chlorine - you drink will be dreadful no matter what beans you buy. You need to filter the water and if using pressure infusion need to ensure that there's decent water pressure from your machine otherwise you end up with a nasty bitter taste.
    Cafcfan, Good point, in Bermuda most of our water is collected from our roofs held in an underground tank (bit of trivia for you) and filtered.  So not a problem here.  Forgot about the swimming pool water you guys have to drink!!   Maybe we need to start a "perfect water" thread.  By no means an expert on coffee (just a caffeine junky).  I just despair when friends spend a ton of cash on some funky looking coffee machine only to use shite coffee or pods......
  • Nespresso is your friend, ignore the poor people.

• Nespresso IS for poor people. You need a de Longhi Magnifica. Your life will never be the same again.
  • Nespresso for me, I would be lost without mine.

Pouso: Not sure where you are mate but if you go into John Lewis, lower ground floor in B/water they will demo most of the Nespresso machines for you and you can also taste the coffee.

• Sponsored links:

• @eaststandmike Sidcup, so i definitely will pop into John Lewis, Bluewater. Cheers mate.
  • Whatever you do ignore Amazon when it comes to buying replacement pods as they are about 3 times more expensive than the ones direct from Nespresso

We've had ours since 2008 and it still works a treat
  • Not sure where you are mate but if you go into John Lewis, lower ground floor in B/water they will demo most of the Nespresso machines for you and you can also taste the coffee.

yup, it's where we got ours, very helpful
  • I believe it was the case that coffee pods are much cheaper in France - might have been when the euro was around 1.45 though, rather than 1.17.