Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's the news on Kermy?

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone got any?

Comments

• Powell said he was fine.

He was on the pitch with an ice pack at the end.

He won't play Saturday but will be back for Walsall I'd guess.

Suspect there was a bit of time wasting going on with the stretcher.

• He was on the pitch at the end. Had something on his heel either a plaster or icepack, maybe just a cut but he was walking fine, rest him up for the weekend and he'll be back vs Walsall.
  • Heard that he has twisted his ankle, wasted time by being stretchered off.
  • as an aside was Russel injured or was that tactical ?
  • Thanks lads that's very reassuring......bit of a worry wasn't it and he seemed to be in quite a lot of pain.

Didn't he play well last night though egh!!!

• as an aside was Russel injured or was that tactical ?

Calf injury
  • Kermit deserved to be stretchered off he must have been knackered
  • Russel took a kick so not a massively serious calf injury. Yann milked a tweak for every penny. What a chap.
  • MOM for me, that man is a beast and won absolutely everything in the air
  • vffvff
    edited November 2011
    I am a bit reassured by the comments that he was walking and looks like he will be OK. Is there any official (or semi official) confirmations from the club ?

If he is ok or suffering a bit of bruising or minor ankle twist, I can then get on with savouring an excellent team victory and can look forward to the coming games without anxiety.

Big Yann is proving himself to be an integral part of the team and with him and BWP upfront, we always look like scoring. It would be good to know that he will be fine in a couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• how good is kerm in the air!! i never thought i would see a striker in a charlton shirt better than bartlett in the air but i do belive i have now!!
  • Was there when he came out, in flip flops with light strapping on ankle.

He seemed to be walking O.K, so can't see him being out for long :-)
  • Made me laugh when he went down. After the collision he held his head as if it were a head injury which very quickly travelled through his body to his ankle. For that reason I'm sure he's just fine.
  • Best in the air since Matt Tees.
    Agreed but Ron Saunders was pretty good too.
    That's what my cousin said to me last night. Although I saw Matt Tees play for a couple of seasons, I reminded him that Shaun Bartlett wasn't bad either
  • how good is kerm in the air!! i never thought i would see a striker in a charlton shirt better than bartlett in the air but i do belive i have now!!
    obviously you're a young whipper snapper & never saw Sir Matt Tees ?
  • John Pearson was a pretty good header of a ball, a shame he wasn't quite as good when the ball was on the deck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am too young for Matt Tees, was thinking Bartlett last night.

• Matt Tees was the best header of a ball I have ever seen....either playing for us or anyone else come to that.
  • Matt Tees was the best header of a ball I have ever seen....either playing for us or anyone else come to that.
    Headed the ball in from the half-way line every game.  I may be seeing him through a child's eyes but that's what I remember.
  • edited November 2011

Used to take penalties with his head.

Also saw him on several occassions take a corner with his head, run after it and head it past the thoroughly startled keepers.

• Used to take penalties with his head.

Also saw him on several occassions take a corner with his head, run after it and head it past the keeper.

Ha, I remember that joke too! Although I think he did once head in a ball that was about six inches off the ground when a foot might have been the easier option. Perhaps, I remember it wrongly though.
  • edited November 2011

went with a mate to barnet v bournemouth a couple of years ago. steve fletcher was practising headers from outside the box in the warm up. being a  'young whipper-snapper' think he's probably the best ive seen.

tim cahill seems to score a shit load of headers too

• Also saw him on several occassions take a corner with his head, run after it and head it past the keeper.

Does he now play for Blackburn?
  • Darren Bent was a pretty good header of a ball too...

• I seem to have a lasting memory of a Matt Tees bullet header rocketing off the crossbar at Elland Road I believe we ended up losing 1-0 in a cup tie I believe.
  • kermy was my MotM vs Hudds. he is brave and strong. im glad hes not too seriously injured