Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Gary Speed

Comments

• Options
    "There but for the Grace of God, go I".

RIP Gary.
    God Bless.
  • Options
    Absolutely tragic. Good looking, loving family, money, respected within the game, successfully mentoring the best set of youngsters Wales have had in decades. But that wasn't enough and until one has been there it is so difficult to comprehend.

RIP Gary.
  • Options

Opinions are interesting is it wrong that i dont feel sorry for gary speed as he took the cowards way out and left his kids and family to clean up the mess and deal with all that follows.

A debate for another day . The guy is still warm .
  • Options
    A total shock..i was walking through Waterloo station and i glanced at the big screens and saw the news .
    RIP
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted RIP Gary god bless.
  • Options

Opinions are interesting is it wrong that i dont feel sorry for gary speed as he took the cowards way out and left his kids and family to clean up the mess and deal with all that follows.

Agree ! But still very sad .. And R.I.P

• Options
    Cannot believe it. Hardly ever watch Football Focus, did yesterday to watch CP, and there he was smiling and articulate, as he always seemed to be. When I saw the headline I thought there had to be some mistake. RIP.
  • Options
    Shocking, young girl of 19 hanged commited suicide in my local village on Friday and now this, awful tradegy
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15911088.stm

Robbie Savage on Gary Speed.
    Started Me off............
  • Options
    Bellamy makes himself unavailable for selection for Liverpool today.

RIP Gary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played golf many years ago with Graham Stuart, I remember him telling me what a great bloke Speedo was, he said they were best mates. RIP, great player.
  • Options
    Unbelievable. I just watched him yesterday on Football Focus and he appeared fine. Tragic. RIP  :-((((
  • Options
    "There but for the Grace of God, go I".

RIP Gary.

God Bless.
    Totally agree with this. This is a form of mental illness and could happen to any of us. We shouldn't be judgemental chaps.  
  • Options
    Like everyone completely shocked.  Sad Sad time for his family and close friends.

Some times these things just don't make sense.
  • Options

Just does not make sense ..........so much to live for and such a nice guy -my thoughts go to his family and friends......just shocked

• Options
    Why oh why, so sad, RIP. One of the finest headers of the ball I've ever seen.
  • Options
    God bless you Gary Speed
  • Options
    This is a form of mental illness and could happen to any of us. We shouldn't be judgemental chaps.  
    Agreed.  It's a tragedy - so shocking, and so sad.  R.I.P.
  • Options
    Rip Gary.
  • Options
    sad news rip gary speed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe what's happened. I am 18 so you might say "What does he know" but as long as I have understood football, I have admired Gary Speed. Very honest man. It's so sad to see him go like that. R.I.P.

I also have a lot of respect for Shay Given who played today. He broke down in tears.
  • Options
    Complete shock. RIP Gary Speed
  • Options
    Very sad. Shocked at the events of the day. Feel for his family.
  • Options
    Unreal. RIP

We'll have a tribute before the game tomorrow.

Did he play for Huddersfield in the past ?
  • Options
    Complete shock. RIP
  • Options

Well I never....what sad news indeed.

Lost a pal through suicide a couple of years back............no logic to it looking in from the outside but evidently was logical to dear Gary, so who are any of us to judge.

There but for the grace of............ etc etc.

RIP Gary old son.........RIP.

• Options
    Very very sad news. So shocking.

If he was depressed the signs must have been there, he can't have gone about life doing his job normally using a big front.

Hanging himself aswell it's very spooky and sudden. Must have been Very very deep pain.

Thoughts with his family, so sad.
  • Options
    Who knows what drove him to this end. We may never know. It is the saddest end to a great career and from all accounts a greate bloke.

We should have a minutes applause for him tomorrow night. He didn't play for us or Huddersfield but that doesn't matter,  he was a friend to football and that is why we are there tomorrow.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP.Devastating news.Wales going so well his stock was on the rise.I just cant believe it.