Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kettering Town...when things go wrong

My other team, you cannot make this up. Imraan Ladak certainly has some forthright views on the players and how he will be addressing the problem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15852722.stm

'Big' news locally

Comments

• Options
    All summed up in the manager's face. Desperate situation.
  • Options
    il be putting grimsby in my accumilator then
  • Options
    I can never forgive Imraan Ladak for sacking me after taking Kettering from the Conference North to the Premiership in 15 seasons on Football Manager. After all I'd done for them.

Good shout on the Grimsby bet! [heads to Betfair...]
  • Options
    edited November 2011

see thats why i could never be a chairman. if any member of the team isent playing to what i feel is acceptable for how much they get payed then i'll tell them to get out.

with the drinking and going out if its not affecting their job to much then its fine, their personal life. If what the cahirman is saying is true then fuck em. play the local sunday league side.

and as they walk out of the car park with the contents of their lockers in their bags you shout out at them, "your'll never have it as good as you had it here". same thing i shouted at scott parker....and my ex girlfriend.

• Options
    Only 4 of their players turned up for training today
  • Options
    This has yet to be confirmed but its massive if
    it is true. Kettering have apparently had a transfer embargo put on them
    because of money owed to Crawley which means all the loan signings made
    today will have to go back.
  • Options
    I'm hearing some bookies have stopped taking bets on the game. I only got evens on Grimsby to win yesterday.
  • Options
    I'll play for them if they need players
  • Options
    There must be hundreds of decent local players who would want to play for them for free, especially against a side like Grimsby.
  • Options
    Oddschecker says you can still get 4/6 for Grimsby to win. I put 50 quid on grimsby with a 1 goal handicap yesterday evening at 21/10, don't normally bet anything like that much so i'll be bricking it in front of soccer saturday tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oddschecker says you can still get 4/6 for Grimsby to win. I put 50 quid on grimsby with a 1 goal handicap yesterday evening at 21/10, don't normally bet anything like that much so i'll be bricking it in front of soccer saturday tomorrow.

I had £20 on Grimsby to win. 2 up with 5 to go, Kettering pulled one back. But Grimsby held on  :-)
  • Options
    Kettering scored in the 90th minute. A meaningless consolation for them that cost me £160. My language after that goal came up on Soccer Saturday was not pleasant!
  • Options
    Mark Stimson is a grade A cunt as well
  • Options
    Mark Stimson is a grade A cunt as well

class
  • Options

Funniest thing is though Large, that while I don't agree with AlexC's choice of language, class is one thing that Stimson is distinctly lacking in, as anyone that was at Stonebridge Road on the night that Canvey beat Gravesend (and believed that would be enough for them to win promotion to the Conference), would attest to.  Fast forward to the end of the season and Gravesend won the title, leaving Canvey, and their tactics of switching the floodlights off when losing against their closest rivals, stuck in the Ryman.  I believe that Canvey are still there now after Jeff King wandered off to have a crack at getting Chelmsford into the conference instead.

• Options
    I'll play for them if they need players
    Me to.