Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options
    You're not garbage, far from it, you're up there on merit and look like champions at the present, fair play to you for it, we had a crap start and are playing catch up, roll on January 14th
  • Options

Owls fans can you please answer a burning question.

In a nationwide 2004 Ministry of Environment survey some very intriguing data was collected indicating that there were more outside lavvy's in the Greater Sheffield area and surrounding environs than anywhere else in the entire country.

Is it true that when you move house up there, that you take them with you? 

• Options
    Never had an outside bog myself, wouldn't know
  • Options
    Bucket and chuck it still then? Blimey, less advanced than I thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh come off it mate.....who are ya kiddin!
  • Options
    Nah we use McDonalds, saves buying toilet paper
  • Options
    So that's why you travel away in such high numbers.
  • Options
    All going for a McShit! 
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Do they take many away then, cant say I have ever noticed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do they take many away then, cant say I have ever noticed
    They have now that Sheff Utd are in the same league.
  • Options

January 14th will be a biggie for this league, but just as our winning against Huddersfield doesn't define the season, neither will the result against Sheffield Wednesday.

What remains interesting is the January transfer window, Chris Powell in his latest interview(s) intimated that the window will be significant, and Mandaric intimated that he will try to help Megson to make the Sheffield Wednesday loan players permanent. The game being mid-Jan may well reveal something about both squads/teams that will influence any further January transfer dealings in the remaining two weeks. Ergo, the game on the 14th will not be the end of things.

The date for Mandaric in court is the 23rd of January which may complicate issues further.

• Options

Interesting quotes from Megson today : “I wouldn’t be working in League One for any other club and I think I am more talented than a lot of the managers in the Premiership"

Although Mandaric has pledged to help with team strengthening next month, it remains an uncertain time at Hillsborough.
    “For want of a better phrase, we are all s******* ourselves because half the team are not our own players,”

“I’m here for one reason and one reason only and that’s the supporters. I am trying to do what’s right for them.
    “I don’t work for Milan. I don’t work for anybody other than the supporters.
    “One of the things about football that makes me laugh in football is when they say managers are ‘judged on results’. You are – but there are a lot of other things that go into it too.

• Options
    You got a link for those quotes J BLOCK?
  • Options
    Do they have chip and pin in Sheffield? Or shall I just get money out in London before?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chip and Pin? 

More like Pie & Chips!
  • Options
    Well if they sign players on wages like Semedo's rumoured 10k pw then four million ain't gonna pay for much is it. Two players on three year contracts and that's your lot. I predict failure in the play offs followed by a few years paying off that debt whilst playing local derbies against Bradford and Rotherham. Have fun.
  • Options
    January the 14th will be hugely sugnificant as far as I'm concerned.................................as it's my birthday.

Guess what will be my best present?.............................
  • Options
    You got a link for those quotes J BLOCK?
    http://bit.ly/tNiS6z
  • Options
    Love it fod
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well if they sign players on wages like Semedo's rumoured 10k pw then four million ain't gonna pay for much is it. Two players on three year contracts and that's your lot. I predict failure in the play offs followed by a few years paying off that debt whilst playing local derbies against Bradford and Rotherham. Have fun.
    Yer way off fella, no way Jose is on 10k.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They have a good (all be it uninspiring)
    manager, and they have managed, to win 11 and draw 3 of their last 17 games
    (following two defeats in their first three).

The table excluding those first three games looks like this:

PWDLCSFtSFAGDPtPPG
    1Sheffield Wednesday171232613320+13392.29
    2Charlton Athletic171151613614+22382.24
    3Huddersfield Town171052623415+19352.06

I would think they have a right to be taken seriously, especially
    as those seventeen games includes playing at The Valley, where they drew.
    Despite our five point advantage, their form since the 16th August has been
    better than ours, so if they beat us at home in January, they will be less than
    a win away. To talk about a dip in form is ok, but there is a massive
    difference between a dip in form mid season and taking three games to settle
    into the new one. There is, in my view, nothing to suggest that Wednesday will
    have a dip based on the last seventeen games. They haven't gone two games
    without a win since August and I believe they are the real deal this season.

Clearly we are 5 points in front, and that does make us favourites
    at this point, but it is terribly arrogant for us to be rubbishing their fans
    aspirations when we are, realistically, only way out in front of them because
    it took them three games to settle into the season and we managed to win our
    first three games.

• Options
    Yes, I do take them seriously, the club, not the supporters though.

I'm still 100% confident in our chances of automatic promotion. If it turns out that they overtake us at some point and we go up in second place then so be it. Same outcome.

I'm sure that if the (sensible) wendy fans were offered a guarenteed 2nd place now they'd take it also.
  • Options
    Very strange to just miss of the first 3 games in my view. Current form across 17 rather than 20 ? What does this prove. In the next 3 games we won 1 and drew 2 including the Wednesday game. Should we not exclude them as that is us settling in as well ?

What does all that say - not a lot. Both sets of supporters have good teams and there is a long way to go. Plenty of events will unfold over Xmas and upto Easter before we know what is going on.

P.S.
    No idea what CS and FtS in the table are.

• Options
    what does baseline mean also? 
  • Options
    what does baseline mean also? 
    Along with the percussion it sets a funky back beat to which we all sing

"Charlton Athletic, we're top of the league"
  • Options
    CS=clean sheets?
  • Options
    Very strange to just miss of the first 3 games in my view. Current form across 17 rather than 20 ? What does this prove. In the next 3 games we won 1 and drew 2 including the Wednesday game. Should we not exclude them as that is us settling in as well ?

What does all that say - not a lot. Both sets of supporters have good teams and there is a long way to go. Plenty of events will unfold over Xmas and upto Easter before we know what is going on.

P.S.
    No idea what CS and FtS in the table are.

I think

CS = Clean Sheet
    FtS = Failed to Score

• Options
    Yes, I do take them seriously, the club, not the supporters though.

I'm still 100% confident in our chances of automatic promotion. If it turns out that they overtake us at some point and we go up in second place then so be it. Same outcome.

I'm sure that if the (sensible) wendy fans were offered a guarenteed 2nd place now they'd take it also.
    I'd take it now.
  • Options
    I think that's an interesting question we could put to ourselves.   If I was a member of the board and had out my money in, sure I'd take it. But as a fan I want to see us win this league.  I've never been one for this one-aim business, I have lots of aims.  I think we can win this league, I wouldn't take 2nd.   Of course I might want a re-think if they were to beat us in January ;-)