Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options
    Sound, you could be right....mind you when Wednesday so narrowly lost to Stevenage is was actually part of the Mandaric/Megson masterplan.
  • Options

Well Seth, maybe we got our bad run off our chests from the start? B'mouth, Bury and who could forget the 5-1 mauling at Stevenage, however, since then we've only had one defeat and things have gone from strength to strength.

Interesting.

• Options
    However, most Wednesday fans are adamant that that means you can't have another poor run of form? That's what I don't understand.

It's a long season with plenty of time for both teams to slip up here and there.
  • Options

Well Seth, maybe we got our bad run off our chests from the start? B'mouth, Bury and who could forget the 5-1 mauling at Stevenage, however, since then we've only had one defeat and things have gone from strength to strength.

Interesting.

Lets face it all the other teams roll over for you as you are MASSIVE.
  • Options

OWLS1867 you could be right about the build up to, and the early part of the season which happened inconveniently whilst Mandaric/Megson were settling in...those games you mentioned are fair enough, and you forgot to mention an unlucky reverse at Alfreton Town whilst taking your bearings.

It may be true that for the rest of your season it will be plain sailing, and I am sure you all expect Charlton to crumble....we will see. I remember Wednesday fans going on about Chris Powell being useless, our hastily assembled squad not being able to gel in time (could be right, might gel around February and start to pick up results) and anyway Charlton not being all that. For a team who are pretty ordinary we're just about satisfied with things.

As I said before there is a long way to go still, your best bet is to concentrate on the Huddersfield game, and each game at a time after that, we will concentrate on hosting the mighty Oldham.

• Options

OWLS1867 you could be right about the build up to, and the early part of the season which happened inconveniently whilst Mandaric/Megson were settling in...those games you mentioned are fair enough, and you forgot to mention an unlucky reverse at Alfreton Town whilst taking your bearings.

It may be true that for the rest of your season it will be plain sailing, and I am sure you all expect Charlton to crumble....we will see. I remember Wednesday fans going on about Chris Powell being useless, our hastily assembled squad not being able to gel in time (could be right, might gel around February and start to pick up results) and anyway Charlton not being all that. For a team who are pretty ordinary we're just about satisfied with things.

As I said before there is a long way to go still, your best bet is to concentrate on the Huddersfield game, and each game at a time after that, we will concentrate on hosting the mighty Oldham.

Fair post that Seth, and no we are under no illusions that we are invincible either but looking back at the season so far we are streets ahead from our poor start, yeah we might have the odd negative, we both might.

Chris Powell has been a surprise too, I will hold my hand up and say that no way did i expect him to do so well so quick but there you go.

Finally Oldham won't be a easy game, they did well in the first half yesterday against us.

• Options
    Look lets just come clean , Sheffield United are a much bigger club than us and Sheffield Weds , Sheffield United definately deserve to get promoted with us.
  • Options
    These silly Wednesday fans giving it the biggen, you think they would have something better to do, like slag megson off or wonder how Sheffields two biggest football teams have gone down the swanny... I don't even rate that Yorkshire tea either.

Top of the league and thats ALL that matters.
  • Options
    This would be much more entertaining if the Weds visitors were filled with good banter instead of bitterness.

Doesn't take Freud to see through that. Feel like you've got a lot to prove, boys?

All you're doing is setting yourselves up for a massive fall.
  • Options
    Why do we have to have these daft invented rivalries with clubs around us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Same could be said about free bus ticket london team from Kent lol

• Options
    Not just top of the league, but 5 points clear, with a vastly superior goal difference and better form.
  • Options

Its not free, its £7..that is not free, twat
  • Options

Free?
    I've been swindled
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hes got us lads... fancy an enlightened board made up of supporters of the club part subsidising travel from outlying regions of our support base to try and boost the football club for everyone involved.  We clearly are not massive enough !    Fuck me IF i was unfortunate enough to live in Sheffield, think I would fuck off and support Rotherham.
  • Options
    This would be much more entertaining if the Weds visitors were filled with good banter instead of bitterness.

Doesn't take Freud to see through that. Feel like you've got a lot to prove, boys?

All you're doing is setting yourselves up for a massive fall.

Agree with that. The visits from Huddersfield were a pleasure to read even after we'd beaten them.

and where are the tea plantations in Yorkshire?

• Options
    Forgetting the football for a minute. It would be having Maderic as Chairman and Megson as manager that would really concern me if I found myself a Wednnesday supporter. How much worse can it get ? A crook (allegedly) and a knob.
  • Options
    Look lets just come clean , Sheffield United are a much bigger club than us and Sheffield Weds , Sheffield United definately deserve to get promoted with us.
    They might come good.
  • Options

Its not free, its £7..that is not free, twat
    He really has done his research, bless the northern monkey.
  • Options
    Oh dear, a fan of Sheffield 'massive' Wednesday comes onto the forum of Charlton 'small-club' Athletic and brings up a 2 and 1/2 week old thread.

We're not even half-way through the season, but the club who have won one mickey-mouse cup in the last 75 years feel the need to make us aware that they we are above them.
    MASSIVE yawn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got you all biting.
  • Options

Feck me, I've been cheated out of £161 a season !
  • Options
    Why do we have to have these daft invented rivalries with clubs around us?

cos we're in a tinpot league with no local rivals of any note

sad stuff

• Options
    He got you all biting.
    We appear to be crap at banter.
    Where is old Frankie Valley when you need him?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved that site... This one be far superior
  • Options
    It's hillarious that these other clubs are giving it the biggun about strengthening in Jan without any clue about what we're gonna do... wait til Feb and we'll see who's laughing, it'll be us, fact.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sheff Utd will come good
  • Options

No point is replying to this bunch of Wednesday fans now - they'll all be at work for the next few hours.

• Options
    I still find it funny how he has brang this thread back up purely because they got 3 points away from home and we got 1.

How the MASSIVE have fallen that 3 points away to oldham in division 3 gets them all excited. Bless.
  • Options
    I'm not biting just making a point. Biting would involve a non sarcastic approach