Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options
    Got a feeling that Mandaric may have other matters on his mind in January.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15696942
  • Options
    Mandaric, wont go down, but even if he did, the club is in  trust name not his and CEO would still run the club.Long term plan doesnt change, we rise up the football league, value increases and Milan cashes in when the price is right.  Nothing to see here move on! 
  • Options
    Sorry to disappoint , but Milan stated two weeks ago January will see a further support for Megson ,with an outlay of £4-6 million(including extra wage costs).

Whilst the Blunts, need to offload three top earners as they are still losing £100,000 per week and the Tevez money is going directly to the bank to offset their £32m debt

MK are on a good run , but Gleeson is key to franchise progress.

Bournemouth could make a play off surge. 

Oh and the terriers, wouldnt be surprised if Clark gets the bullet in early Jan , living in Hudds I am told he wanted to got to Leicester, didnt turn up for training the morning, after his interview, only for them to says Thanks but not Thanks. 

£4 - £6m? No chance. Wake up mate, this is Division 3.

If Utd are lsoing £100k a week, how much do you calculate Wednesday are losing a week? Particulalry if the rumours about Semedo wages are true.

Clark has had an interview in the past few weeks that's true - but it wasn't at Leicester :-)

• Options
    Wednesday have some loans expiring in January, if they lose Marshall that would be a blow.
  • Options
    Personally couldnt give a shit about Weds, MK Dons or anyone else. We are in the drivers seat. Its pretty clear where our squad is short, the board will address it in January. Take care of ourselves. Fcuk everyone else.
  • Options
    Personally couldnt give a shit about Weds, MK Dons or anyone else. We are in the drivers seat. Its pretty clear where our squad is short, the board will address it in January. Take care of ourselves. Fcuk everyone else.

100% correct.

All the other possible contenders are more worried about us than we are of them. Let them all strengthen and they still won't be better than us.
  • Options
    "Mandaric, wont go down, but even if he did..."  Make your mind up Netherton!!  And £4-6 million, where's that coming from (or perhaps we shouldn't ask)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    4-6 million would buy a new team in division one. I thought the the owls were all conquering already ?
  • Options
    4-6 million would stabilise a squad in the Premiership if spent right. No chance Weds are getting that much to spend. Who wants 4-6 million quids worth of giant centre backs and journeyman holding midfielders anyway
  • Options
    If you seriously had that much cash you would have had Green playing right mid yesterday, because you would have out paid us but didn't because you haven't - dreamers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no way they will ( or have) that sort of money to spend. It's just another reason to think that The Wendies are absolutely deluded but i do admire their confidence , even if it is misguided. 
  • Options
    sheffield utd will come good!
  • Options
    Just another deluded Wendy to add to the long list. But keep it coming. It brightens up my day hearing it
  • Options

Mandaric will not invest that kind of money in Sheffield Wednesday, he hasn't spent like that at any of his previous clubs and he won't start now, plus he's well aware that spending big money isn't necessary in this league, Charlton have built a far more successful squad on considerably less for example.

The key to getting one of the two automatic spots is consistency - SW are doing ok in that regard, why bring in more players and upset things?

• Options
    Will Sheffield Utd come good?
  • Options

Dont believe me but direct quote from MM

Gary will have full support.

“We are keeping our eye on the ball, assessing where we are and what issues we need to address with regard to loan players,”

On his spending so far, the chairman says: “I had to settle a lot of bills; there were also managerial contracts, plus losses during the season that we had to deal with, and there was a couple of million to bring in players.

“I have spent at least £14m already, and by the end of the season I think the total will be between £16m and £20m. I don’t call that investment a loss, because I know it is getting the club going in right direction. We are a club with ambition.”

• Options

Or you could listen to one of your own!.

It was nice to hear Orient striker Kevin Lisbie being interviewed on Talksport yesterday......The interviewer asked who he thinks will win the league and his answer was...............I think Sheffield Wednesday are by far the strongest team and have more strength in depth than the rest and I expect them to kick on from here and win the league......Class Kevin 

• Options

Dont believe me but direct quote from MM

Gary will have full support.

“We are keeping our eye on the ball, assessing where we are and what issues we need to address with regard to loan players,”

On his spending so far, the chairman says: “I had to settle a lot of bills; there were also managerial contracts, plus losses during the season that we had to deal with, and there was a couple of million to bring in players.

“I have spent at least £14m already, and by the end of the season I think the total will be between £16m and £20m. I don’t call that investment a loss, because I know it is getting the club going in right direction. We are a club with ambition.”

"there was a couple of million to buy players".

He may spend up to another £6m this season, but I doubt that all of that will go on players. SW like most other clubs are likely to be running at a loss - Charlton included, we are scheduled (at least according to rumour) to lose around £4-5m this season, maybe a couple more million will go on players, the rest on running the club. That's likely to be the case at Charlton too.

• Options
    He doesnt say "on players".  Looks to me like he means he's underwriting the money the clubs losing, and it will have cost him another 2 - 6 mill at the end of the season.  Still I'd be letting my head rule my heart too if I was you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Funny - "(the manager) has our full support" is usually what they say just before they sack him.  ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

It was nice to hear Orient striker Kevin Lisbie being interviewed on Talksport yesterday......The interviewer asked who he thinks will win the league and his answer was...............I think Sheffield Wednesday are by far the strongest team and have more strength in depth than the rest and I expect them to kick on from here and win the league......Class Kevin 

Since Charlton are yet to play Orient (home or away) that's not a very objective opinion.

• Options
    Will Sheffield Utd come good?

YES.

• Options

Please try and keep up.

Sorry to disappoint , but Milan stated two weeks ago January will see a further support for Megson ,with an outlay of £4-6 million(INCLUDING EXTRA WAGES COSTS).

• Options
    So Kevin Lisbie thinks Wednesday will win the league ? Well that's it we are stuffed then !!

For starters Kevin Lisbie hates Charlton and only this week said he had no feeling for the club and secondly if Lisbie's brain was dynamite it wouldn't be enough to blow he's hat off! The man is thick .

One of our own ? never
  • Options

He (MM) has stated that Megson will get 'considerable support' in January, by this he means some of the lones we currently have will become permanent, Marshall has already stated he wants to join us.

If we need to add more then the option is still there, we don't have to blow all the money that we will have available.

Nice quote by Kevin Lisbie btw.

• Options
    To give you an idea about Kevin Lisbie he once had his car stolen at a petrol station - he left the keys in the ignition while he was inside paying.
  • Options
    To give you an idea about Kevin Lisbie he once had his car stolen at a petrol station - he left the keys in the ignition while he was inside paying.

Easy mistake to make if you're a footballer.
  • Options

Easy mistake to make if you're a div

• Options
    Thats London for ya

• Options
    edited December 2011

Lisbie has played against Weds already this season, so may have some idea of how you play.

Charlton have not played Orient so far this season, so young SuperKev won't have experience of playing Charlton - and I don't suppose he knows any more about our current team than you do, Mr NetherRegion?