Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

just when you think you have seen it all

At an under 11s football match, game very evenly balanced at 4 all , a mum runs on the pitch to have a go at a 10 yr old boy for pulling her sons shirt,

The woman had to be stopped by me who was running the line and restrained from physically attacking a kid, the vile mouth and fury was appalling,

She needs shooting, the woman then told me that because I would not allow her to the child by standing in between and putting my arms up ,

That I shouldn't touch a woman,

My response of when I see one I will consider her comment as acceptable just drove her mad

Un real and people think its the dads that can't keep respect on the sides

The kid was so scared ruined his game and had to be subbed ,

Our kids wouldn't put a tackle in there after afnd lost the game 6 5

The ironic thing of it all her son was booked for some disgusting tackles and then their manger was asked to sub him before he got sent off for calling the the ref a pussy

Comments

• Depressing.  Well done for standing up to her and not putting up with her crap.  If she was a threat to that kid (and it certainly sounds like it was), then you were perfectly within your rights to protect him.

Her kid should be banned from playing so other kids don't have to put up with her moronic ways....
  • well at least they didnt lose as badly as my team haha 13-2 however we only turned up with 9 men! lol
  • Sad but not surprising. Where was that NLA - Donkey Lane?
  • The ref noted it and fortunatly he was an adult ref as we normally have kids reffing, the other thing that was wrong was their mgr and coach didn't get involved, a letter has to go in from us to the league but I doubt there will be any consequence to the club,

Can't really believe that it happend tbh
  • Carterhatch school mate

The team were from woodgreen , tried to field 2 players from their 1st team with the wrong cards aswell and we stopped that as well

Win at any cost football quite depressing because the game was top quality ,

Us a football pass and move team, against a big strong organised physical team
  • Obviously a bad experience for all concerned, not least for you - hope the lad is OK.  Sadly it is not uncommon.

I recall a comparable"in game" confrontation when running the line for a junior side I was coaching, where the "parent" even tried to enter the changing room after the game.  Fortunately the referee saw the incident and ordered him from the ground (the park) warning the other club of the dire consequences they faced if he refused to go.

If a game was either a Cup or League fixture one remedy is to register your complaints with the league/ association to which their club is affiliated.

Any club/ team is responsible for its officials, players and supporters. If enough people register formal complaints against their club it will either be fined or expelled from its league and or the local football association.  Most clubs, in my experience simply kick the offenders out of the club.

It may seem a bit over the top but remember if this was U11's then this character could be around for a few more years, which enough to put any youngster of playing altogether.

• I've had worse than this during a Sunday league game when I was 12. My team was getting battered 6-0 due to the fact that their manager was the ref and he was taking the piss (he gave them 3 penalty's). But in the last few second's we were through on goal only for our striker to get his legs swept by their defender. A sure penalty only for the ref to say that He was diving.

Then it all kicked-off. Someone's dad (he was a nutter) ran on to the pitch and punched the ref straight in the face. A fight between them ensues before both sets of parents (not mine) take to the pitch and have a right go at each other, right in front of us 12 year old's. What a great example to set to your children over a petty U-13 Sunday league match.       
  • One of my mates was watching his daughter play in an under 11s girls' game and heard one of the other parents shout "break her fakkin leg".  I swear to god, the thick have taken over. 
  • Just slap the silly cow !!! .... (jokeing)
  • A really depressing aspect of kids' football - their parents.
    But by no means the majority of them, certainly in my experience running school football teams.
    I tell our players and parents that our school expects exemplary conduct from them whatever the circumstances. Players who argue with the ref are subbed and parents who behave inappropriately during a match - well, the end result is their child will not be picked again.
    We have not had problems but there was an incident two years back where a teacher got attacked by a grandparent.
    Utterly pathetic.