Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zeppelin Speakers.

edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related

Anyone got any and if so are they any good?

Jeeeez they're expensive aint they.........around £450 to £500 as far as I can tell!

Comments

• Options

Guess not?

Bump.

• Options

Stunning sound quality for indoors Stu - but well overpriced for their performance.like most B&W stuff. Best to get the stand with them as they are not at their best in the corner of a room.

Ebay normally have some reconditioned ones for reasonable amounts.

• Options

Cheers Nick.....I'll take a look on e-bay.

Was hoping they do some battery operated ones for out door use?

• Options

I looked at those but chose the Bose soundsation portable instead, apart from being not so cosmetically pleasing, i'm absolutley delighted with them.

Good rechargable battery and superb sound quality.

• Options
    If you already have a decent stereo, buy an i pod docking station from Arcam or Denon (which have a remote control).

The B+W Zeppelin is a decent machine (probably one of the best systems with an integrated dockign station)
    but its limited by the spacing of the speakers which IMHO makes it a very expensive ghetto blaster.

You get better sound from proper hifi speakers arranged much further apart from hifiseparates.

All in one systems sound crap.

PorkPie
  • Options
    Agree with you Pork pie, separates every time. 
    I've just given my bose cubes the boot and replaced them with a pair of AE Radiance 3s with an AE sub.
    God they are good.
    BOSE - Buy Other Stereo Equipment. They look nice and neat but for the money I dont think they are that great.
    Big sound big boxes, no way round physics.
  • Options
    If you are looking for something that is good quality that can run on batteries - you wil not beat the Arcam RCube. Available for about £350.

It is fantastic quality sound for a dock - but be aware that it will show up any low bitrate transfers that you are feeding it.
  • Options
     but be aware that it will show up any low bitrate transfers that you are feeding it.
    Don't confuse the old fella.
  • Options
     but be aware that it will show up any low bitrate transfers that you are feeding it.
    Don't confuse the old fella.
    Too late he already has.................bitrates WTF!!
  • Options
    The bitrate reflects the audio quality of your digital recording on your player (iPod etc). You will see that your tracks will show the bitrate quoted in kbit/s. the higher the number, the better the audio quality. The trade off is that higher bitrate recordings require more memory to store them.
    Lower bitrate recordings are highly compressed in order to save memory space at the expense of audio quality.

When playing low bitrate tracks through a quality dock, you will notice how bad they can sound.

Recordings above 128kbit/s should be used wherever possible - 256 - even better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes...but does it go up to 11?
  • Options
    The bitrate reflects the audio quality of your digital recording on your player (iPod etc). You will see that your tracks will show the bitrate quoted in kbit/s. the higher the number, the better the audio quality. The trade off is that higher bitrate recordings require more memory to store them. Lower bitrate recordings are highly compressed in order to save memory space at the expense of audio quality. When playing low bitrate tracks through a quality dock, you will notice how bad they can sound. Recordings above 128kbit/s should be used wherever possible - 256 - even better.
    I told you not to confuse him :-)
  • Options
    Bring back cassettes.

• Options
    Bring back cassettes.

Vinyl is the way.
  • Options
    Bring back cassettes.

Vinyl is the way.
    The gramophone is king!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried Sonos wireless speakers?
  • Options
    Hi Guinness,

I have a couple of Sonos S3 units in my flat (Lounge and Bedroom).

Great bit of kit. Obviously not as good as sepearates, but a good, affordable solution. The controller app's for iPhone/IPad are really good too and will save you on the cost of the expensive remote control.