Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quadrophenia

Comments

• Did her name begin with a G?

She would be Gash if it did!

She would be Gash if it did!

That's what he meant I think :-)
  • edited November 2011

• edited November 2011

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Truly superb album

Doctor Jimmy being my favourite

• ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  always wanted to be a mod .  cracking  clothes---- music---  scooters---- fun.

we r the mods we r the mods we r   we  r  we r the mods (except i wasnt).
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  always wanted to be a mod .  cracking  clothes---- music---  scooters---- fun.

we r the mods we r the mods we r   we  r  we r the mods (except i wasnt).
    SoundAs was....and look at Him ! ;-)
  • The silver Lammy WAS mine, now my brothers! LI150 Silver Special 1964 complete nut and bolt restoration! Love that scooter, looked a bit like Bingo from the Banana Splits on it though! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• In danger of sounding like a pretentious twat and/or stating the bleeding obvious but I think it's one of those albums you need to listen to from start to finish to get the real feel. Tracks like 'The Punk & The Godfather' and 'Helpless Dancer' sound pretty odd if you just dip in but in context are fantastic. Ditto Tommy of course.
  • One of my top three films ever.I love the Who and every so often a crate of Lager and Quadrophenia.Love it.
  • Agree with Noss. Someone sent me a link to a recent interview with Townshend on Jools Holland, and it got me in the mood to put the whole thing on again (and play along) - had a GREAT time, fanTASTIC album.

The last couple of tracks (The Rock and Love Reign O'er me) are just something else.
  • there's a great picture of stone sharp-suited sitting on a scooter from back in the day. maybe he'll post it!

great film.

pill 'eads....tossers.....stitching me up an' all, the bloke!

great album too. 5.15 is my favourite.
  • quality film & album.....if you like your mod music get along to the Mod xmas ball at 100 club...great night of music and mod fashion ;-)
  • AsI rocker, I feel contractually obliged to point out that mods disappeared altogether for about a decade, only reappeared when said movie was released. Then most of them vanished again within two years...  
  • edited November 2011

So much I'd love to say but if I start I'll never stop. If you're really interested in Mod culture then I recommend a book called Mods!...By Richard Barnes.

Quite a few old black and white photos of The Lewisham Mods in there, especially in the Hastings section..some of my oldest pals are featured.........pals still to this day.

Had a party at my place in July and the book got a real good airing with old faces looking through and recognising either themselves or others.

Infuriatingly I'm not in any of them...........much to my dissapointment.

• Brilliant film and the soundtrack is quality from start to finish. first saw it when I was in my teens. Got me into the mod scene and loved the clothes and the music. Remember having a pair of black winkle pickers with the white line down the middle. Class!
  • AsI rocker, I feel contractually obliged to point out that mods disappeared altogether for about a decade, only reappeared when said movie was released. Then most of them vanished again within two years...  

yehh, but you still love some of the music ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• if anyone fancies buying me an early Christmas pressie you could get me this

:)

Oh yes! But if My Generation isn't a "rock" record, I'll eat my blue cap...   

From yummy to yuk
  • ITV 1 tonight 10-45-13.05
  • The silver Lammy WAS mine, now my brothers! LI150 Silver Special 1964 complete nut and bolt restoration! Love that scooter, looked a bit like Bingo from the Banana Splits on it though! ;-)

Thats the same PX i have in the photo (black) , the only trouble is mine hasnt moved for a month due to clutch problems, brought it for commuting rather than use the Triumph ,   
  • I watched it again last night and it's still a great movie although it is in my opinion quite bleak. I was a bit too young to be a mod or a rocker but personally I think a lot of the mod ethos was behind the Skinheads certainly the tonic mohair suits came from them. The movie has stood the test of time really well with some standout performances and gave a lot of now well know actors their first break although Sting should really stick to The Bass and forget acting.

I have heard Pete Townsend describe Quadrophenia as The Who's finest work and I have to say it is much better than Tommy which I have was never a fan of but remain a lifelong fan of the band and still think in their pomp they were the most exciting live act I have ever seen. By the way it is true Keith Moon was bananas but boy could he play the drums.

• Because the film has stood the test of time and was set in the past anyway, what is the point of a remake?
  • DA9DA9
    edited November 2011
    AsI rocker, I feel contractually obliged to point out that mods disappeared altogether for about a decade, only reappeared when said movie was released. Then most of them vanished again within two years...  
    Oh yes! But if My Generation isn't a "rock" record, I'll eat my blue cap...   

Blue cap.....love it

:-)

Bloody hairdryers

• Its a re make of the album not the film.

The Who music wise was never "mod" music but the band was identified as being "mod"

Naffing dirty "greasers"

all together now  " we r we r we r the mods--- we r the mods we r the mods we r we r we r the mods"
  • Ah, sorry - I missed that - doh!