Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Got to lighten it up a bit....................

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
5 games in and not great so far, cast your mind back to previous years and games............................

Which would be your choice as the best game in recent years that you have been to?

Playoff final, wimbledon 4 Charlton 5, Charlton 7 Huddersfield 6

Or another one, which would it be?

Comments

• Options
    The 4-3 win at Villa Park, 98-99 season.

A game that really did have everything!
  • Options
    no game could ever top the play off final.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]no game could ever top the play off final.

But the Manure 3-3 comes closest
  • Options
    no, i'd rank the Villa 4-3 above the manure one.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Without wishing to sound rude Appy, just exactly how old are you if you still think that the 7-6 Huddersfield game was in "recent years"???

By my reckoning that games fast approaching it's 50th anniversary!!!

I was going to say that, apart from the playoff final, mine was the 5-3 win over Barnsley back in the eighties - largely because we were really bad back then - but even that's more than 20 years ago now.

I feel old!
    :o(
  • Options
    i remember the barnsley game,tony towner scored i think and it was

3 nill down and 5-3 up,hallelujah.
  • Options
    That's the game where Ron Futcher scored a Hat-rick for Barnsley then got sent off. Great Comeback though..!
  • Options
    Only 39 soon to be 40.............

The Barnsley game was fantastic, and no off_it i was not at the Huddersfield game.

But my dad was, and he stayed on and saw the whole game. Loads claim they were there but he was, now that must of been brilliant!
  • Options
    4-2 at Highbury - never seen so many shocked people coimng out of the away end as that one

loved the fact that we were right up against their fans, who were giving it large when they went 1-0 up - the piss taking from the Charlton fans that day was merciless.