Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

orange mobile

have they just stopped doing 12 month contracts? (ok, just found them on the site after an hour of searching, bloke on the phone said they didn't tho! - v sneaky!)

HONESTLY what a rip off.

everyone knows that your phone after 10 months either is a> broken or b> so out of date when ur mates are walking around with a mobile the size of a pea, you've still got a brick that looks like something from the 80s.

what a swizz this business is.
to be honest. no phone company is better than another is it? they're all annoying in their own way.
i've had bad experiences with o2, one to no-one/t-mobile, and the only one i haven't tried is vodafone although my work mobile is vodafone and i can't STAND that 121 call back crap. if i could answer the phone when the person origianlly wanted me, then i can hardly answer the 3 ring backs 10 immediately after can i!!!!!

Comments

• i've been with T-Mobile for five years, i have 4 months to the end of my contract and my phone has now broke.

Phone up T-Mobile, see if they could help me out, or at least do something at a bit of a discount as a long-term customer. And what do they tell me ??

Go and buy an pay as you go from Asda !!!

You couldn't make it up.
  • i've got a spare phone you can put ur sim in. text me tonight to remind me (oops, forgot you can't)
    I'll try to remember it!
  • Ive been with Vodafone for 5 years and have never had a problem. Good customer service, replacement phones within 2 days one the two occasions it buggered up.... Would highly recommend them!

Suze you do know you can change options and get the voicemail alert sent through as a text.
  • You can still get 12 month deals via Carphone Warehouse on Orange, there is no way I would get a 18 month deal with any mobile network.

Not sure where I'm going to move to in December, Orange or O2?
  • Are phones never covered under a warranty? I generally insure mine for a fiver a month incase it does get broken.

Not long changed my contract with o2 and they've shifted me onto an 18mth contract. Gave me a cracking phone & a discount on the monthly line rental so cant complain too much. Is scandalous though, I get bored of a phone after a few months. You should be able to find a 12mth one in most places though Suze. Doubt you'll get as good a deal though.
  • edited August 2006
    gonna get either of these 2
    got a mp3 player for my b'day so not so fussed about that, but never had a flip phone so that is appealing to me a bit.
    wanted a chocolate one for a while, but thought it was brown, and as its not, gone off them now.

this
    or this

have tried to sort out that mess, but not sure if i've done it right!!
  • have to say that I had very little trouble with orange yet vodafone have really annoyed me in the last week or so having taken £105 out of my account by mistake and still a week and a half and many irrate phone calls later I still haven't got this money back .
  • And you get free broadband with Orange....

Orange- my favourite colour.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]have to say that I had very little trouble with orange yet vodafone have really annoyed me in the last week or so having taken £105 out of my account by mistake and still a week and a half and many irrate phone calls later I still haven't got this money back .[/quote]

I got balcklisted by Vodaphone, They tried to charge me over £100 about 5 years back for a months worth of calls and I hardly used the bleeding thing. Refused to pay and couldnt get credit anywhere. HAD to pay it in the end but vowed never to use them again.
  • I move networks each year (taking my number with me) and you can get some cracking cashback deals - for the last three years I've had at least 200 cross network minutes per month in the package and haven't paid a penny!

Obviously you have to read the small print and stick rigidly to the terms of the cashback (copies of x number of bills sent in within 14 days to prove you're still paying etc.) but so long as you can be a bit organised, you basically get a phone, line rental and minutes for a year for nothing.

It all works because the networks pay huge commissions to re-sellers for new connections. The re-seller will pay the cashback out of this commission (and some people will not meet the terms and conditions and therefore not get the money back).

If anyone wants, I can dig out the website details of a guy who compares all the cashback deals on the market at the moment....
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I'd be interested in that F-Blocker.

Orange phoned me yesterday as my contract is due to end. Dont like any of their phones, and the package they're offering me is rubbish. Disgusting seeing I've been with them for about 7 years!
  • ring up and say that you want to leave, and they put you through to a 'secret' department, and offer you deals/phones etc

thats what i do every year, they were trying to force me to have an 18 mth contract, i told them to poke it, then i got a free phone (sony ericsson w810i) 200 mins and 500 texts a month for £30. which was slightly better than i was on before.

that money expert geezer was talking about it last week. martin someone
  • Here you go:
    http://www.reestit-mutton.co.uk/MOBILES/index.php?pg=1&query=cheapest

The website is a little clunky and can be a little slow, but it's worth it - has save me over £1k in the last three years!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]ring up and say that you want to leave, and they put you through to a 'secret' department, and offer you deals/phones etc

thats what i do every year, they were trying to force me to have an 18 mth contract, i told them to poke it, then i got a free phone (sony ericsson w810i) 200 mins and 500 texts a month for £30. which was slightly better than i was on before.

Did that last time, and got the same deal as you.... and then a couple of days ago found out that they'd taken the 500 texts off a month ago, without telling me, so I'd been paying for each individual text at 10p each.... not impressed. Went through to the retentions 'secret' department and they didnt want to offer me anything close to what I'd previously had....

Looks like I'm heading elsewhere!

It's Martin Lewis. Had a great website and forum at www.moneysavingexpert.com
  • yeah, well its because the offer is only for 18 months so you have to resign to it after a year, but nothing should change. for 3 months over the summer i was paying double bubble myself and i said that they were wrong not to inform me that the texts were running out. can't remember the outcome of it to be hoenst, but maybe i was shafted too.

need to get onto that!!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]yeah, well its because the offer is only for 18 months so you have to resign to it after a year, but nothing should change. for 3 months over the summer i was paying double bubble myself and i said that they were wrong not to inform me that the texts were running out. can't remember the outcome of it to be hoenst, but maybe i was shafted too.

need to get onto that!!

They credited my bill with £50 after I complained about it yesterday... they said that loads had complained that the text package had been taken away, without them being advised of it
  • edited January 2007
    F-blocker is this right then. If i sign up to this deal (see link) , i pay 35 a month but they give me 140 back every 4 months?
    Does this have to be done through this company or can i get it in an O2 store. I'm currently with O2 so would i be elligible

http://www.reestit-mutton.co.uk/MOBILES/detail.php?aid=4518
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]ring up and say that you want to leave, and they put you through to a 'secret' department, and offer you deals/phones etc

It's Martin Lewis. Had a great website and forum atwww.moneysavingexpert.com

I used to post a fair bit on that site- it's very good in some respects, but stopped when people started to take the piss as they will.

You can get 12 month contracts- i have used both t-mobile and 3's retention departments and frankly- if you are genuinely prepared to leave them you'll get a 12 month deal, probably a new handset and quite likely, if you haggle well, a reduction on the line rental.

Tell them that you need to keep the number but are considering taking a pay as you go handset- to retain the number- that sounds plausible.

Good Luck
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]F-blocker is this right then. If i sign up to this deal (see link) , i pay 35 a month but they give me 140 back every 4 months?
    Does this have to be done through this company or can i get it in an O2 store. I'm currently with O2 so would i be elligible

http://www.reestit-mutton.co.uk/MOBILES/detail.php?aid=4518

It has to be done through (in this instance) "Buy Mobile Phones". O2 will drip-feed them the commission (for this deal approx £450) for signing-up a new customer, which they then drip-feed to you.

The only problem with these deals is that you have to change network if you want to keep your number.

As I said earlier - the really important thing is that you read all the small print very carefully and adhere exactly to what it says.