Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frozen Planet

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else watch this? Fantastic television yet again. David Attenborough is truly irreplaceable in my humble opinion.

Comments

• brilliant camera work, the slowmotion stuff is unbeleivable.
  • Absolutely brilliant.  The photography was stunning.  Attenborough was as superb as ever; it's hard to believe he's 85.
  • Yes, a great watch - amazing camera work. He really shouldn't be out in minus 40 degrees conditions at his age thoug should he? Hard to believe that some of them ice fields are 3 miles deep. And we're worried about them melting?
  • Killer Whales are evil!
  • That seal getting dragged under. :-(

And the hilarity of sea lion vs penguin on land. :-)
  • The polar bears having a bit of a 'cuddle' - thought my 8 year old was about to learn a few things. Probably learnt just how tough some dates can be by the end of it. State of the poor male. 
  • Red Army SE7 said 'Killer Whales are evil!' I thought Killer was English but when upset evil most certainly!
  • The sudden and unexpected appearance of the pod of killer whales as the film crew were getting set up next to a hole in the ice was great television.
  • must have been on one of them 3 mile thick sheets of ice - the camera man didn't flinch.
  • Thought I couldn't really be surprised by anything that a nature programme threw at me but some of the sights on that programme were quite simply fantastic. Thought the birth of the iceberg was awe inspiring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Penguins = lads
  • Oh great!! As if I don't get enough snow & ice over here.............will love watching this with the kids though.
  • Frozen Planet  - Television to chill out too
  • Quality programme yet again.
  •  9.00pm last night - bbc 1 i think

• Awesome show - the killer whales were incredible.

• Yes, a great watch - amazing camera work. He really shouldn't be out in minus 40 degrees conditions at his age thoug should he? Hard to believe that some of them ice fields are 3 miles deep. And we're worried about them melting?
    They used to be almost that thick over London, so don't stop worrying yet!
  • The glacier used to rumble down the valley in spring and they'd have to re cast the terracing at the start of each season.  
  • Programmes like this is what HD is there for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with all comments was outstanding programme. No one like David Attenborough
  • I have nothing to add, I just agree!  The penguins made me chuckle quite a lot.  I'm looking forward to the next episode which I presume will be slightly more focussed than this one was.
  • Amazing programme sort of thing I gladly pay the licence fee for tbh.
  • Watched this last night after recording it and it was superb.
  • brilliant stuff, wonder why the orcas ate the seals and not the crew

:)

i don't have HD and was actually thinking to myself how much better can it be because the picture was fantastic. I'm very wary of all these advances. What next? Super HD?
  • Penguin stone thief - the best couple of minutes TV all year.
    Superb dedication to set up and monitor life and to discover something quite new.
    Looks like Episode 2 will be even better than the scene setting opening.
    Brilliant.
    i don't have HD and was actually thinking to myself how much better can it be because the picture was fantastic. I'm very wary of all these advances. What next? Super HD?
    No - 3D. I resisted calls for HD in my household until earlier this year. Still don't think it's worth the extra on the Sky subscription, but it is impressive. I will similarly resist any calls for 3D, especially since I'm almost blind in one eye!
  • Visually amazing throughout. Add to that the smooth educated voice of SDA and you have a masterpiece.  I have a feeling this series will become my favourite of his so far, currently Life in the Undergrowth