Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Clark favourite for Leicester Job

Odds

Lee Clark is the favourite although he's denying wanting to go.

Would be a strange move for him, but would help us.

Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    cant see it myself he has worked so hard at t'huddersfield couldnt see him walking away and letting someone else take the glory should they go up, if he did go would no doubt raid them come jan for there best players rhodes ect.. so please god!! 

he is waiting for pards to be outed there or fulham will be his next move.
  • Options
    Reading that article, although he makes it clear he's had no approach and is very happy where he is, he falls short of ruling himself out. Think he'll be singing a different tune if they make an approach.
  • Options
    will powelly be getting a phone call??
  • Options
    Surprising choice by Leicester if true. He hasn't achieved anything yet.
  • Options

if approached he'll go imo. With the funding Leicester have they could/should be in the PL next season.

• Options
    15 million they spent in the summer..
  • Options
    Reading that article, although he makes it clear he's had no approach and is very happy where he is, he falls short of ruling himself out. Think he'll be singing a different tune if they make an approach.
    Yep, he was interviewed on Tuesday night and it was a very strange one. Reading between the lines he'll go if they approach him.

Personally as a manager he strikes me as slightly arrogant, has a fantastic unbeaten record although it ultimately lead to nothing so far and has spent quite a bit of money at Huddersfield who really should've been promoted by now given what they've spent, also think Terry McDermott helps him out a fair bit there.

If I was him I'd stay where he is, Leicester's owners look like they will go through 3/4 managers a season.
  • Options
    I've noticed on Skybet that Sir Chris is now 5th favorite.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think we had 3 or 4 different favourites before CP got the CAFC job, and at least 2 of them were odds on at some point (Wise was certainly one of them) .

The current odds don't mean much.
  • Options
    Surprising choice by Leicester if true. He hasn't achieved anything yet.
    This. As they had Sven it wouldn't surprise me if they went for another big name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've noticed on Skybet that Sir Chris is now 5th favorite.
    If CAFC's compensation figure for Paul Hart was large enough to put Forest off, I'd imagine the amount required for Chris Powell would be huge. I don't see that one happening.

• Options
    Powell did come over and clap the fans a bit more than usual! Maybe a goodbye ;)
  • Options
    No chance of him leaving. 
  • Options
    I think it'd be a good move for Lee Clark. Yes, he has something very good going on at Huddersfield, but Leicester have a lot of cash and could quite easily be in the Premership next season. If he's approached, he'll go.
  • Options
    They will go for tried and tested i would have thought. If Clark gets offered it i reckon he'll snap their hands off but can't see that he will. I reckon CP would turn it down as the money will be good but doubt he'd want things to turn sour with Charlton. Having said that, i'm sure Paul hart was brought in mainly to cover if things didn't turn out right for CP so he has to think about his future as well. Can't see CP going but if he did, would Poyet be out of the question as a replacement or is he still secure at Brighton?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Robbie Savage perhaps? ;-0
  • Options
    Robbie Savage perhaps? ;-0
    He's too busy dancing at the moment. I'd take Ola off his hands if he wants the Leicester job though.
  • Options
    Neil Lennon is quite a big price at 25/1 given his Leicester City history.

He might fancy the step up from the SPL to The Championship... :o)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Lee Clark to jump ship hopefully. He'd be right in it if hudders dont go up, easy move
  • Options
    Lee Clark is irritatingly dour and will not go on to havea  long career in management. That's my prediction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Clark kicked the Che Hales flag and is officially a front bottom
  • Options
    Very interesting Henners. In that case I almost dislike him as much as John Terry - Oops wrong thread!
  • Options
    Billy Davies odds shortening as well.
    Can't see them being interested in SCP or more importantly SCP being interested in them.

Other betting news:
    Hudders still favourites to win the league (2/1)
    Best Charlton odds 14/5 with betfair.

Charlton 13/11 ON to get promoted

BWP 9/2 for top scorer. 2nd behind Rhodes.

Good bet is Scunthorpe to finish in the top 6 at 5/1
  • Options
    Curbs to Leicester I reckon - club with potential, not too far for him...all makes sense...
  • Options
    Reckon ---Lee Clark a banker ......only pitful i reckon is leicester having toagree not to take any huddersfield players
  • Options
    I think Clarke would take the job. He's worked hard at Huddersfield and I'm sure he'd get them up this year, but how far can he realistically go with them? I don't know. Leicester arguably not a significantly bigger club, but they're a division and  twenty places higher up the league with an already strong squad and probably a bit more money to spend yet. Would be a potential short cut to the Premiership. Depends how important loyalty vs ambition is to him but I think 75% of managers in Clarke's position would take that job if offered it.
  • Options
     @ exiled "Depends how important loyalty vs ambition is to him"

Isn't he the Newcastle fan who played for Sunderland?
  • Options
     @ exiled "Depends how important loyalty vs ambition is to him"

Isn't he the Newcastle fan who played for Sunderland?
    money talks