Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swimming pools with flumes

edited October 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know any decent water parks that are not a 2 hour drive away?
Cheers.

Comments

• 2 hour drive from where?! there are some flumes at swanley swimming pool i used to go to as a kid.
  • The swimming pool at the Bromley Pavillion Leisure Centre has a couple of flumes and a wave machine.
  • Fantaseas. The famous sinking swimming pool. RIP
  • Remember when they first installed the flumes at the old Crook Log. One of them was particularly vicious and resulted in several people breaking arms.

You used to have to buy tokens for a slide. We used to stay in the splash pool and wait for the ladies to be unceremoniously dumped out of the flume and into the pool, resulting in the odd swimming attire malfunction.

Remember one of my mates stopping himself halfway down. I can still see him sitting there screaming out Aha dangerous Brothers ( yep that dates me) as we all piled into him. The resulting tsunami in the pool got us all kicked our and banned.

As for nowadays, Cascades in Thong Lane has a wave machine and two flumes, one is how I imagine it must be like to be flushed down the loo!
  • White Oaks Swanley

Riverside?  Woolwich

Pavilion Bromley

• Who remembers Water Palace at Purley way? Place was a death trap but loved it as a kid. Health and safety shut it down in the end.
  • Who remembers Water Palace at Purley way? Place was a death trap but loved it as a kid. Health and safety shut it down in the end.

Yep, I remember getting thrown out of there on a school trip once.
  • Splash landings in hemel hempsted
  • "latchmere has a wave machine"
  • Guildford Spectrum...if that's not too far away from you
  • Sponsored links:

• Depford or Dartford has flumes and a wave machine, I can't remember what one though. 
  • Thanks for that.White oaks sounds ok.
    Is it?
  • edited October 2011

Havent been to White Oaks for yonks so dont know if it has changed but it was the stuff of legends when i was a kid.

3 flumes of varying speed and descent, the shark shocker, completely black inside and out and fast and steep, the whale whirler a fair bit slower but still good and then the  dolphin for the girls/ palace flume aficianado.

Also had a wave machine and 3 diving boards of varying height....remember my then 7 yr old brother catastrophically failing a backflip off the top one and landing on his back with an almighty crash. He was still shivering when he made it over to me in the gallery and his back was the colour of a baboon's arse.  Almost put me off my chips.

• Havent been to White Oaks for yonks so dont know if it has changed but it was the stuff of legends when i was a kid.

3 flumes of varying speed and descent, the shark shocker, completely black inside and out and fast and steep, the whale whirler a fair bit slower but still good and then the  dolphin for the girls/ palace flume aficianado.

Also had a wave machine and 3 diving boards of varying height....remember my then 7 yr old brother catastrophically failing a backflip off the top one and landing on his back with an almighty crash. He was still shivering when he made it over to me in the gallery and his back was the colour of a baboon's arse.  Almost put me off my chips.

If your looking for a wedgie go for the shark shocker , it nearly rips your shorts off.... So I'm told!
  • The two flumes at Crook Log (or Splashworld as it was known at the time) was the Sidewinder and the Vortex :-)
  • go for the shark shocker , it nearly rips your shorts off.... So I'm told!
    The cleaner at Woolwich baths used to try that back in the 80's
  • This one is by far the best we have visited.

http://www.larkfieldleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/buildpage.pl?mysql=8

Two water chutes (one with a round and round think that drops you in head first), waves, and a proper fitness pool.

On a Saturday morning the have a 30 metre long inflatable thing in the fitness pool also (think along the lines of "It's a Knockout").

• Depford or Dartford has flumes and a wave machine, I can't remember what one though. 
    Wavelengths in Deptford has all of that and is cheap! Ladywell leisure centre has flumes as well but I wouldn't go there!
  • half hour or so away but Larkfield pool has lazy river, waves & flumes.  Worth a go (down the M20).
  • Swanley was great,didnt matter how long your swim shorts were they were up your arse after the shark shocker.First top board experience there as well when I had a look over the edge and my mate put his foot between my shoulder blades. I was warm for about a week!
  • Sponsored links:

• No flume (hopefully) but the first Sky Pool now in position and should be ready for the summer in Vauxhall. Amazing

https://www.embassygardens.com/the-estate/the-one-and-only-sky-pool/

Artists impression 

• You wouldn't want to go skinny dipping there
    What about heavy petting?
    Squeezing a log out would be brilliant for reaction TV, though.
    Nine years after the post it gets a like
    Playing the long game...
    Nine years after the post it gets a like
    Playing the long game...
    Just like Martin Peters I'm ten years ahead of my time.
  • His best years were in the 1970's?

• If youre still interested @carly burn

Larkfield
  • MrWalker said:
    His best years were in the 1970's?

Just like me 🤣