Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses reforming.....

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
This Tuesday The Stone Roses will officially announce their big comeback. Original line-up and a series of shows.

Comments

• Made my day, happy days!
  • edited October 2011
    That would be a gig and a half. My mate (and big charlton fan) is touring with Ian Brown at the moment.
  • great group many a e listening to them
  • I thought it would never happen, what's changed?
  • John squire fod
  • I'm glad to hear that John Squire & Ian Brown are on good terms again.  Life is too short.  Always hated the idea of the individuals responsible for THAT album, not talking to each other.  But if music press rumours are true then I can't say I'm overjoyed by it.  Spike Island was 21 years ago, the debut (greatest) album (ever??) 23 years old.  Has anybody seen pictures of Mani recently??  Spring chickens they're not.  What made the Roses special was not just the music, it was the attitude and the times.  You can't wind the clock back.  The only thing that will remain the same is, Ian Brown still can't sing........

As John Squire said a few years back "I have no desire whatsoever to desecrate the grave of seminal Manchester pop group The Stone Roses 18.3.09".

• money talks money talks dirty cash...
  • I hate it when this happens.

They were great and now they won't be if they get back together....why spoil the memory?

Well, obviously I know the answer to that question.....as Nolly said.....
  • I hate it when this happens.

They were great and now they won't be if they get back together....why spoil the memory?

Well, obviously I know the answer to that question.....as Nolly said.....
    after Reading in 96 I very much doubt they could be any worse 
  • What has reni been doing all these years? I'm not keen on these cone back tours, but I was too young for a ticket the first time round, so I'd kill for ticket now. Assuming I can afford it and find a babysitter...
  • Sponsored links:

• so happy lets hope its worth it love the Roses
  • The resurrection of the roses....
  • The resurrection of the roses....
    Good one ;-) Bet that'll be on the front of NME next month.
  • Cheers rodders, just want to be adored...
  • Cheers rodders, just want to be adored...
    Wont Shoot You Down for that mate.
  • I saw them several times 87 - 90ish, including Spike Island. Was a huge fan back in the day & still rate their debut in my top 5 LP's of all time.

It's great for a new generation to get to see them, but having seen them in their early days through to their absolute peak I wouldn't bother crossing the road for it - never been a big fan of reunions in general.
  • Best Band Ever!!

I hope this is true!
  • I love the first album, after only buying rock n roll and rockabilly it was the first "square" album I bought in years. I never saw them, and never had anything to do with their attitude, and was not a product of "the times". Did not stop me liking them. Good luck to them if they want to get together again, and make a few bob, no one is forcing anyone to go and see them.
  • I saw them several times 87 - 90ish, including Spike Island. Was a huge fan back in the day & still rate their debut in my top 5 LP's of all time.

It's great for a new generation to get to see them, but having seen them in their early days through to their absolute peak I wouldn't bother crossing the road for it - never been a big fan of reunions in general.
    Their debut? Great album. Their first recorded album was Garage Flower? That was a horrible album. Brown who cant sing at the best of times was even worst than normal putting on a faux london accent.

One of my favourite bands of all time, but never got to see them live. This just however seems like a bad bad idea.
  • I'm a massive Roses fan, but cannot see this happening. More than likey a PR stunt.
  • Sponsored links:

• well those close to the guys seem to say it's defo happening 

I'm a massive roses fan and only saw them live once Reni left 

I will also add that I think , no actually I know that Ian Brown is a total prick 
  • edited October 2011
    well those close to the guys seem to say it's defo happening 

I'm a massive roses fan and only saw them live once Reni left 

I will also add that I think , no actually I know that Ian Brown is a total prick 
    Ian Browns arrogance is off the scale.
    It's in the job description, Ian McCulloch & Morrissey also have bell end traits.

Their debut? Great album. Their first recorded album was Garage Flower? That was a horrible album. Brown who cant sing at the best of times was even worst than normal putting on a faux london accent.

One of my favourite bands of all time, but never got to see them live. This just however seems like a bad bad idea.

Garage Flowers was a pretty terrible collection of early tracks, it was released in 96', its a compilation rather than a studio album. The Stone Roses had been around for several years prior to their sudden elevation to indie super-stardom . I remember in 87 seeing their name stencilled on several prominent buildings in Manchester and thinking "whats that all about?" - it caused a bit of a stir in the local press. I think Squire was behind that.
  • CHGCHG
    edited October 2011

Press conference kicked off at 3 today, announcing forthcoming gigs apparently, get in!!

Edit: Confirmed reforming.

• And new material!
  • Great news .. got into the Roses when I was at Uni in the early 90s
  • Best Band Ever!!

I hope this is true!
    I just fell of my chair when I read this, brilliant! Still laughing!!
  • least I know what I'll be listening to on the journey home now :o)