Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Online Poker

Been playing pokerstars for a couple of years and (apart from Charlton home games) getting really naffed off with this site. Tried a few other sites recently, not really comfortable with any of them. Thought I would use this site to get opinions - your most trusted / favourite site ?

Comments

• I used to like Betfair a lot and played on there very successfully but they changed the software and it's pants now so I've left them.

Full Tilt and Pokerstars are the better ones but playing against random foes seems to be completely luck dependant and not very enjoyable - why are you getting naffed off with Pokerstars?

Thanks to the chess.com thread here on CL I have been getting more satisfaction from playing chess and only play poker in the CL home games now.

• - why are you getting naffed off with Pokerstars?

Well played last night mate - as usual. Been a bit worried about the integrity for a while now, probably stupid why they gonna diddle me, but has meant that I am not really playing properly and suffering as a result 

• Cheers mate, I had one of those lucky nights last night

I think Pokerstars is one of the safest sites and because it's one of the biggest they couldnt afford to be corrupt in any way as they wouldn't have any players left.

The standards have risen in even the lowstakes poker what with the available software to assist players, chip equity awareness and all that shizzle so I'm finding that in a 6 seat SnGs are a bit of a lottery and the blind structure eventually leads to push or fold poker which to me isn't very enjoyable.

I like our CL games because we have got to know how we all play and we get to see lots of flops and it's all good natured. Probably best for you to take a break from PS (except for our home games) and try out any special offers at other sites just to see what they are like. Loads have special offers and 888 poker will give you £5 to play with just for signing up, no deposit. After playing on other sites you might find PS is not so bad afterall

• Reckon you are spot on - keen to guage opinions though from people on here on which is favourite site.
  • edited October 2011

Cheers mate, I had one of those lucky nights last night

I think Pokerstars is one of the safest sites and because it's one of the biggest they couldnt afford to be corrupt in any way as they wouldn't have any players left.

The standards have risen in even the lowstakes poker what with the available software to assist players, chip equity awareness and all that shizzle so I'm finding that in a 6 seat SnGs are a bit of a lottery and the blind structure eventually leads to push or fold poker which to me isn't very enjoyable.

I like our CL games because we have got to know how we all play and we get to see lots of flops and it's all good natured. Probably best for you to take a break from PS (except for our home games) and try out any special offers at other sites just to see what they are like. Loads have special offers and 888 poker will give you £5 to play with just for signing up, no deposit. After playing on other sites you might find PS is not so bad afterall

Thats what they used to say about Full Tilt Poker?
  • Do you play Mike ? Favourite site ?
  • The level at Pokerstars, even at the lowest stakes is pretty good. There is plenty of food for thought at this site if you don't already read it.

http://www.twoplustwo.com

Sometimes sniffing out one of the smaller sites will be better for building a bankroll steadily over time. I'm on Poker770 as well as Stars and as long as you're prepared to put some time in you will do better on there as the standard is very exploitable at the low and micro levels.
  • Cheers mate, I had one of those lucky nights last night

Thats what they used to say about Full Tilt Poker?

Well, some people did but a lot refused to play on FTP because of its dodgy customer support, tendency to seize players bankrolls without explanation etc.

IMO Pokerstars is an entirely different beast and I always thought my money was safe with them. That said the rake is far too high in SNGs and that's why I quit.

• Do you play Mike ? Favourite site ?

Used to play at Full Tilt, Pokerstars & Sky. As most are aware Full Tilt have now closed down and as I also use HEM (Holdem Manager) software I keep to Stars as it does not work with Sky.

To be honest I am not playing much on line any more due to the "strange" things that seem to happen in online poker, I play a fair amount of live poker on a regular basis and this is feeding my appetite at the moment. 

• BTW well done for your win last night Zinedine!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Joe, I lucked out big time (sorry again Exis10tial!)
  • To be honest I am not playing much on line any more due to the "strange" things that seem to happen in online poker, I play a fair amount of live poker on a regular basis and this is feeding my appetite at the moment. 

Thats how I'm feeling, however,just came 2nd on a 45 SNG on PS ????

• Nice one Sunbury,

Don't get me wrong, I have had some very good wins playing on line but it always seems to be off set by some very strange hands which I very rarely see playing live.

My son & I have carried out some very simple tests with on line poker and the results  i.e. time spent away from the site, win ratio when you return and play, how long it takes for the "doom" button to be pressed following which your full house gets beat by quads on a regular basis etc, etc.

I know people who make a good side living out of on line poker but it is not for me. 

• I use Skypoker, very easy to use, never hard to find a game and a good selection of tournaments. Pretty sure you have to be from GB or Ireland to play, plus the Sky poker channel on 865 is pretty cool as it goes through various tournaments adn cash games from the site. Personally don't use the site forum on it myself but heard it's meant to be really friendly and helpful. I only really play low level sit n go's and the level isn't all that great. You'll probably lose more due to bad beats over being outplayed.

• Thanks to the chess.com thread here on CL I have been getting more satisfaction from playing chess and only play poker in the CL home games now.

what is your username on chess.com?

all this interest in online poker why aren't more people playing in our tournies? lol  
  • edited October 2011
    I'd love to play more but money is super tight these days . Been using a free 5 quid bonus off Sky Poker to keep me a float the last while.
  • East stand - everything u have said strike a chord, just didn't want to say it - straight site too much to hope for anywhere ?

• Siblers - will give sky another go, cheers mate

• Thanks to the chess.com thread here on CL I have been getting more satisfaction from playing chess and only play poker in the CL home games now.

what is your username on chess.com?

all this interest in online poker why aren't more people playing in our tournies? lol  

zinedineb

Just getting to grips with it all at the moment. My ranking is 1270 and I'm frequently making mistakes but I'm really enjoying it and hopefully going to get better!