Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The boys of winter return - NHL is back

Comments

• That was incredible! And I've just found out that Thornton is nearly 40! What an athlete. 

How surreal! I'm in the Middle-East, and I've just seen one of the best Ice-Hockey games since I've been watching since 2010, between teams from California and Nevada!! There's something in this franchising malarkey!!  ;)

I long for the day I see a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup though; preferably the Canucks! 
  • Let’s gooo! A good series in the end and I’m buzzing that Bruins won it. 
    That was some game at San Jose although the major penalty call seemed a bit harsh to me. 
  • I don't want to talk about it  :'(

• I don't want to talk about it  :'(

This.

• To think the Leafs drafted TuuKka Rask in  2005 (1st round pick!) and traded him without playing a game................  
  • To think the Leafs drafted TuuKka Rask in  2005 (1st round pick!) and traded him without playing a game................  
    For Andrew Raycroft.  

Who was was about to be released by the Bruins. 
    For Andrew Raycroft.  

Who was was about to be released by the Bruins. 
    One of the worst trades in Leafs history.  

He was unreal last night, especially considering the shit he gets from B’s fans about him not turning up in the big games. 
    He was unreal last night, especially considering the shit he gets from B’s fans about him not turning up in the big games. 
    Have a feeling he saved it for the Leafs!  Normal service will be restored for 2nd round - he does go MIA sometimes.  

Throwing my support behind the Avs now - they are sure to lose to the Sharks!   
  • Sorry, just checked into this, what channel do you watch this on?
  • Sponsored links:

• NHL Player for most, or VPN and us/can cable or moody streams 
  • With Washingtons loss, it’s the first time all four division winners have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. 
  • It’s literally anyone’s cup now. I’ve got a horrible feeling for the Bruins series against the Blue Jackets which starts tonight I believe? 
  • It’s literally anyone’s cup now. I’ve got a horrible feeling for the Bruins series against the Blue Jackets which starts tonight I believe? 
    Got all the ingredients for a good series - John Tortorella is always good value, never afraid to speak his mind!  
  • I can see the Bruins are going to drive me insane 
    Charlie Coyle gave the game away then grabbed it back with the equaliser and the OT winner, fucking hell they don’t make it easy do they?! What was your stress levels like for that one 
    Charlie Coyle gave the game away then grabbed it back with the equaliser and the OT winner, fucking hell they don’t make it easy do they?! What was your stress levels like for that one 
    Pretty much the same, maybe a little alcohol enhancement. That picture was for a road game, I was just watching that from my couch. At least this time I was there. 
  • Playoffs offs continue to be insane. A steady 2-0 game turned into a 4-3 win for the Bruins. If they could stop turning the puck over they could be dangerous. 

Im not sure there’s enough alcohol to get me through this. 
  • Bruins win In 6 against Columbus and meet Carolina in the conference finals. Set to be a good series. 

Fingers are are crossed for a Bruins Charlton double in the play offs 
  • Fucken Bruins
  • Sponsored links:

• Stanley Cup Finals here we come. 

I don’t know about the team, but I need the extra days off they get for sweeping Carolina. 
  • You’ve had your fun, I wish I could have been there. But now it’s my turn ( I hope). Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Time for a beer or two to get warmed up. 
  • You’ve had your fun, I wish I could have been there. But now it’s my turn ( I hope). Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Time for a beer or two to get warmed up. 
    Hope it’s a cracker mate here’s hoping for the Charlton/Bruins double
  • Bruins win In 6 against Columbus and meet Carolina in the conference finals. Set to be a good series. 

Fingers are are crossed for a Bruins Charlton double in the play offs 
    1 out of 2. Let’s go Bruins
  • edited May 2019

Imagine being a Blues fan, you’ve waited 49 years for a second chance in the Stanley Cup finals, and you’ve got to play the Bruins again. Sound like Sunderland. 

Boston fans live to be hated. 
  • The Battle of Alberta is really becoming something worth watching again. I noticed that HNiC were trying to big up the Battle of Ontario this weekend, which even as a Leafs fan I found a bit pointless.

In other news, Toronto media doing Toronto media things by going after John Tavares recently, they went after William Nylander who has shut them up and now they need a new target. Wankers.

Going to be an interesting couple of months for the Leafs, I'm still confident of making the play offs, but will expect a similar result and going out in the first round as the defence is pretty porous.

How is everyone else feeling about their seasons so far? 
  • edited February 2020
    For Tavares - see Kessel...

Gotta love the Toronot media eh? Spent decades fucking up the team by sniping at players, front office, coaching - everything really. Finally seemed to get the message and let Babcock try to build a winning team like he did in Detroit, but as soon as he gets pumped, they're back at it again. Worst sports media in the world outside NYC.

Pens look good, now that Sid is back. Managed to stay relevant for the 10 weeks he was out, and now look like making a real run at the Craps for the division. Losing Guentzel was a blow though. Suspect a reasonable playoff run, but won't make it to the finals. Big rebuild looming as well in a couple of seasons - but the minor system is strong and you can already see the front office building for the future.