Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shelvey to Blackpool

Jon Joe on loan to Blackpool on loan according to Sky Sports.

Comments

• Is this a good move for the lad?
  • As long as he plays good move, Blackpool looked good this season and still playing nice football
  • edited September 2011
    As long as he plays good move, Blackpool looked good this season and still playing nice football
  • Just playing under Ollie at Blackpool, will be one hell of a life experience!
  • He has the ultimate Championship striker to be playing in - Kevin Phillips. Good move for both parties if you ask me.
  • Think this was part of the Charlie Adam deal but they wanted to wait until now in case Liverpool had a load of injuries to their midfield
  • Emergency loan?
  • He should fit very nicely into their 4-2-1-3 formation as the 1
  • He wont ever break into the liverpool 1st 11 so its a good career move. If they get promoted can see him staying permenantly and being one of their best main players..
  • I am fully prepaired to be proved wrong and will happily say so if it's the case but I'm not sure that Shelvey is as good (or will be as good) as some folk think i.e. a Champions League quality player on an ongoing basis.....but yes....he's a good young player none- the- less and as I say, I could be wrong in my judgement.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he may prove you wrong Soundas if he gets to play in the position that Dabos says
  • He's still not 20.  I think that is easy to forget as he broke into our team so early.

He still has to establish himself as a premier league player but 19 is not the right age to judge him.   

Will he be a Champs league player?  Who can tell?  Liverpool might not be the right club to prove that anyway.
  • I am fully prepaired to be proved wrong and will happily say so if it's the case but I'm not sure that Shelvey is as good (or will be as good) as some folk think i.e. a Champions League quality player on an ongoing basis.....but yes....he's a good young player none- the- less and as I say, I could be wrong in my judgement.

Oh good, its been a while since everyone's been able to slag off everyone else's opinion about this.
  • edited September 2011
    Lucky Blackpool. Hope its a good move, think it will be if Holloway likes him.

Oh and I still maintain he will be our most successful ever youth player, England caps and European honours

• Oh and I still maintain he will be our most successful ever youth player, England caps and European honours
    Just on that subject I thought I'd check Spotty Parkers stats and I didn't realise he'd only scored 9 goals for us in 128 games!

I seem to think (wrongly!) that he scores a lot more than he does
  • Good luck, Jonjo.  Even if it is with the donkey lashers!
  • good luck to the lad!
  • Agreed. Good luck Jonjo!

• Decent start.
  • scored today
  • Sponsored links:

• Great first game for Jonjo. Made first scored second. Think he will make a big impression whilst he's up there with Stan's old team.
  • that was unbelievable goal it was near the half way line :0
  • Looked very impressive yesterday,  excellent goal as well.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2011
    Involved in 4 of the 5 goals for them yesterday.  A goal, and assist and two passes to set up two assists.

Very impressive.  Was Blackpool the team that he made his home debut against?
  • His debut was at Oakwell, along with a young winger called Wagstaff.
  • Home debut?
  • Coventry City? Won 4-1, the game made famous for Grant Basey's first ever goal.

Big smiley thingy!
  • Coventry City? Won 4-1, the game made famous for Grant Basey's first ever goal.

Big smiley thingy!
    And Chris Powell's last!
  • Think this might be a very good move for Shelvey. He's only going to be a bit-part player for the Mickeys - better to go on loan to a team that play proper football, in a league that's competitive, than rot in the reserves and scrape 15 minutes here and there. Good luck to him - always want our youth team players to do well anywhere they go.

Big smiley thingy!
    And Chris Powell's last!
    He he. Tried avoiding saying that, which is why I came up with a world famous stat that everybody has forgotten.
    Hence "Big smiley thingy!"

;o)