Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very Strange Interview With A (Wimbledon) Fan Last Night

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Yesterday in Bletchley I managed to find probably the only MK Fan wearing an original yellow Wimbledon away shirt and got a 3 minute interview.

Iv got to save the content for Sundays show but all I can say is that he came out with some of the strangest most contradicting comments about MK, Wimbledon and AFC Wimbledon that I think will make genuine football supporters extremely angry. Well worth a listen if your interested in the whole Wimbledon saga  

Comments

• Options
    A strange Choice indeed!
  • Options
    Well if he doesn't agree with the majority view genuine football fans will be furious.
  • Options
    You've caught my attention choice! I'm looking forward to hearing his point of view.
  • Options
    Yesterday in Bletchley I managed to find probably the only MK Fan wearing an original yellow Wimbledon away shirt and got a 3 minute interview.

Iv got to save the content for Sundays show but all I can say is that he came out with some of the strangest most contradicting comments about MK, Wimbledon and AFC Wimbledon that I think will make genuine football supporters extremely angry. Well worth a listen if your interested in the whole Wimbledon saga  
    It'll be a coded message....--.-.- ..-
  • Options

There was a great alternative pub in Bletchley.

Big Rainbow signs outside declaring "GAY", "LESBIAN", "TRANSGENDER"

I'm sure Alan Turing would have approved but Soundas wasn't so enamoured.

• Options
    Sounds like quite an enigma.
  • Options
    Presumably he was one of the Ultras?
  • Options
    wants them to be called the bletchley dons?
  • Options
    wants them to be called the bletchley dons?
    Sounds more like the Gay Gawd Dons.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

There was a great alternative pub in Bletchley.

Big Rainbow signs outside declaring "GAY", "LESBIAN", "TRANSGENDER"

I'm sure Alan Turing would have approved but Soundas wasn't so enamoured.

I though I noticed your land Rover parked outside Pink Punters Nick : - )

It wasn't the most subtle branding was it but better that then what heroes like Turing had to suffer and eventually kill himself over.

We went to Bletchley Park.  have two season tickets if anyone I know wants to borrow them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to getting a reaction to this one later
  • Options
    Looking forward to getting a reaction to this one later
    You might if you tell us how and when to listen to it!
  • Options
    Click here to listen to last nights show, the various interviews are also available as individual files
  • Options
    Click here to listen to last nights show, the various interviews are also available as individual files
    FFS, what a joke bloke!!
  • Options
    Thanks you. Strange to hear but contradictory? I wouldn't say so. It seems he wants nothing to do with the new Wimbledon (fair enough) and has stayed with the old one but rejects the new name. The contradictory bit to me was when he talked of MK's 'back passage into the league' which suggests he acknowledges that it is a different team to (the old) Wimbledon.

Is it so strange that with the thousands of fans Wimbledon left behind some would end up a bit confused like this?

Also people seem to see this as so black and white but I tried to imagine what I'd do if the same happened to Charlton and I honestly don't know. Could I really support a brand new team with different manager, players, badge and ground just cos they stayed in Charlton? But then could I follow the existing team an hour's drive away to a new ground and call the club I'd known and loved all my life a different name? Like I say, I don't know what I'd do.

The story always goes "A hard core of Wimbledon fans founded a new club" but were they really happy after they formed AFC? Or did they still feel a bit lost because they didn't really belong anywhere after all? It's not a normal situation so can never be judged with normal reason or logic.
  • Options
    very strange man
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I suppose at the time you had to choose. If you love a team it is difficult to walk away - people will make different decisions - he decided that the new team was still his team others didn't. You have to respect his choice and appreciate why he made it. Doesn't make what happened right in the slightest but he and the few that decided to follow the remnants of their team to MK don't deserve disrespect.

I have less respect for the new MK Dons fans that decided to follow a team that was stolen from another set of fans.
  • Options
    We have had a (major) reaction to the interview in the form of an email from the Wimbledon camp. Further details to follow whilst we decide how to follow this up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I get the impression that he's knew to football and has lifted all his life in MK.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I get the impression that he's knew to football and has lifted all his life in MK.
    shirt lifted all his life?
  • Options
    Well that as well as lived all his life in MK!
  • Options
    We will be reading out the email tonight which we got in this week and playing some audio we got from a couple of cafc fans yesterday.
  • Options
    where can we listen?
  • Options
    www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk from 7pm, go to live show page

email: info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk
    phone: 02081332994
  • Options
    www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk from 7pm, go to live show page

email: info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk
    phone: 02081332994
    Thanks, will listen in.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Just listened to that email being read out .....

• Options
    edited October 2011

lol