Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Donalds 1 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Ten games unbeaten now, and i don't think too many of us back in May would have foreseen a starting record of P10 W7 D3 L0.

Sounded an entertaining game by all accounts. Sky said MK Dons dominated the first half, but we improved significantly second half and the points shared was the fair result. Especially pleasing to see the subs bench combining to make the difference.

Look forward to hearing the thoughts of those at the game.

Comments

• Options
    BingAddick said:

Excellent point. 

Yes we struggled first half but
    this team is not going to give it up easily. 10 games unbeaten in the
    league, top by two points. Who wouldn't have settled for that?

Kermit coming on and scoring is a big plus added to the plus of Green putting in the cross. 

Smiley smile!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Well, to illustrate how good our points total is after 10 games with 24 points ........ after 40 games, we'd have 96 points,
    with 6 games to play!

Credit due to Chrissy Powell and the team.
  • Options

I genuinely believe we are going to get better too. Players still getting to know each other and adopt the required style of play.

Green, Kermit and Alonso still to make an impact.

All good.

• Options
    Well, at least Chris Powell doesn't look like this tonight ........!

Steve McClaren

McClaren looked an isolated figure at half-time with his side 4-0 down

• Options
    Brolly up his arse?
  • Options
    I would have been happy with a point before this game, and I'm definitely happy with it now....

My heart sank when I saw some of the 4-1 predictions of victory earlier today in the face of reports of their weakened team - when I saw the latest score when I finished work (1-0 down) I thought that we were about to reap the rewards of over confidence...

Fortunately, Kermy came up with the goods...  ooh-la-la! 
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Based on a very authoritative viewpoint of not having been at the game, and listening to the MKD commentary it sounds as if Ben Hamer played well. yes two games without a clean sheet, but they were both penalties. It also seems obvious that this team has character, and that both the signing of Kermit and Green, and using them as he did tonight, is credit to Chris Powell and his team.

By all accounts we were overwhelmed in the first half, but kept it to one goal, and as Powell has said before, we didn't give up.

Despite Preston gaining a couple of points on us tonight, a draw on Saturday would be a very good outcome to a tricky week. Lets regroup, and go to Sheffield in a determined frame of mind.

Oh, and after only ten games, we still have to give this team a chance to gel!

• Options

Listened to the commentary and although we livened up second half it sounded like an MK Dons win would have been a fair result. Positives are Kermit and Green having an impact, our doggedness and the fact we got a point . Put the game behind us as one of those off days we got away with. The other positive is Millwall's tailspin continues and no club can turn a bad run into a disasterous relegation quicker than them. Wouldn't want them fairweather boys in the trenches with me - they've turned on Jackett already and us doing so well is twisting the knife despite what some of them try to make out.  

• Options
    people are becoming too overconfident. Yes good start. However we have only played 2 out of the top 6 or 7 and that is Sheff Weds and MK Dons and we drew with both. We will only know where we are liketly to be once we have played Sheff Utd and Huddersfield for a start plus Preston.. Judging by the results so far this season it looks like certain places Wycombe is going to be a very very difficult place to visit. (Norwich were drawing with them until they scored a late goal against them). If we finish in the top 2 come end of the season i will run round woolwich with my (well not literally) but I think 20% top 2, 80% play offs. (we won't finish out the top 6 this year). Hope i am wrong
  • Options
    good point at a tough place. will take a point on saturday as well so long as we win at home to tranmere the following week. kermit scoring will keep hayes on his toes also, im not sure if there's a way back in for euell now as green will always be on the bench when fit. 

and a little laugh at millwall, "jackett out" they're all saying, fickle!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    show's SCP can make decent changes when required and that they changed games. Very happy with a point especially after biting my nails looking at the red button because the Internet and Radio wasn't working.  

We now need a song for Kermi.

A point COYR. up the ADDICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    on way back   yes over run first half but every lose ball fell to them felt it was going to be just one of those games second half was better but didnt see the goal €coming   once we scored we could have scored again  good all round team effort a point just deserved  revellinit n bigfatpete
  • Options
    people are becoming too overconfident. Yes good start. However we have only played 2 out of the top 6 or 7 and that is Sheff Weds and MK Dons and we drew with both. We will only know where we are liketly to be once we have played Sheff Utd and Huddersfield for a start plus Preston.. Judging by the results so far this season it looks like certain places Wycombe is going to be a very very difficult place to visit. (Norwich were drawing with them until they scored a late goal against them). If we finish in the top 2 come end of the season i will run round woolwich with my (well not literally) but I think 20% top 2, 80% play offs. (we won't finish out the top 6 this year). Hope i am wrong

Notts Co (a); 6th W
  • Options
    just seen the goals, but of clumsy defending by Solly for the pen.

Absolutely brilliant wing play from Danny Green for the 2nd, and textbook near post header from Le Kermit for Le Equalizer
  • Options
    Spoke to someone at the game who said that Wright Phillips went off injuried and was unhappy because of that not because of the sub as was mentioned in match thread. Good point tonight!
  • Options
    just seen the goals, but of clumsy defending by Solly for the pen.

Absolutely brilliant wing play from Danny Green for the 2nd, and textbook near post header from Le Kermit for Le Equalizer

Was just about to post the same. Green's turn and cross=class. Like having a new player...oh wait
  • Options
    Just saw the highlights. In my view it won't a pen and if it was it was a very soft one.

Good taken goal and decent cross by Green.
  • Options
    Green in terms of performances pre-season was the stand out player we signed in the summer yet he is not in the first eleven. CP has stuck with a winning/unbeaten team. 

Whether you think that he should be more tactical and rotate more is moot, he has kept faith with those who have got us to the top of the division. He now has a dilemma (a good one in my opinion) does he stick with the team that lost the first three quarters of the game, or start with the team that took over and won the last 15 minutes, assuming everyone is fit?

My guess is that he'll give Green a start against Sheff Utd, and that Kermit will start on the bench.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just got back from Stadium MK. 
    The first half display was woeful , so many players not on their game.  Holllands and Wagstaff especially. 
    Mk Dons were attacking at will and we were not closing down players while they gave us no space. 
    Whatever Chris said at half time it worked.
    We were much better and had a hat full of chances to win the game even though a draw was the fair outcome.
    Kermy looked really good when he came on as did Danny Green and i think it's time Wagstaff was rested and Green given a go.
    That was a lovely cross for the winning goal.

Despite the pen , Solly was our best player again.

I'm really happy with the point because MK dons could have had us dead an buried if hey had a good finisher. They played some fantastic football at times and i'm sure they will win most home games playing like that.

Well done to the CAFC fans who sang constantly and got behind the side. Shame about the moron in purple who kept the ball in the crowd which culminated in 4 minutes of added time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Driving back now, thought MK looked very good throughout, they also had the rub of the green on their side. Danny Green turning his player to put the cross in was a touch of class. Decent match, well earned point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many did we have in the end? (supporters)
  • Options
    MK dominated Wednesday and Huddersfield in the first half of their games against them and could've been well clear, so seems like they do lack some killer instinct.

Don't like it when people predict us to win 4-1 etc as it only usually comes back to haunt us, no-one can get overconfident or go into games thinking their won otherwise it'll all start to go horribly wrong.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    How many did we have in the end? (supporters)

• Options
    1229* cafc there tonight

*Officially counted by OohAah
  • Options
    The more I read from people at the game, the more I think this was a bloody good result. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just got back, same as the other guys really... First half we looked like a team who were top of the league and expecting to score first which was worrying. MK Dons are a force to be reckoned with, played some beautiful football first half and to be honest whether we were at our game or not we couldnt deal with them.

Wagstaff and also the two central midfielders had a shocker first half.

Chrissy must have given them a good old hair dryer at half time because it did wake them up massively and couldnt you half notice a difference! Despite this, throughout the whole second half I just could not see us scoring. And even when the fantastic Kermogant came on and glanced a superb header onto the post i still thought the ball was going to roll across the face of the goal!Luckily it went in, and I really thought we could have gone on and won it.

All in all, 1-1 was a very good and fair result, I can not see us going up against a better footballing side all season albeit with Sheff Utd and Huddersfield still to play twice!

My MOM had to go to Solly, he is without a doubt our most in form player at the moment and long may it continue, what a player he is and will be for seasons to come I am sure!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    In MK numbers, we must have had 2,000. Crowd looked closer to 4000 than the official 8000, but that's been the case every time we've been there.
  • Options
    In MK numbers, we must have had 2,000. Crowd looked closer to 4000 than the official 8000, but that's been the case every time we've

must admit, when we played there 2 seasons ago i was astounded what the announced attendance was, as it bore no reflection to what it looked in the ground.
  • Options
    Very happy with a point away from home especially against a dangerous team like MK Dons. Shown we have got the grit to come back with points away from home against teams like Bury and Rochdale and now shown we can also get them against dangerous potential play off opponents. 

Bit worried the team might be shattered for Sheffield but that's for another day.

Delighted with the impact from the bench. A couple of weeks ago i was saying i was worried about the bench not looking dangerous enough if we were chasing a game. Someone pointed out that once the injuries are back the bench will have a better look to it and they were right. Think Kermit could become a decent player for us this season and delighted with Solly's form.
  • Options
    Like the idea of Gteen starting on Sat. Give Wagstaff a rest then bring him on with 15mins to go and let him run at the back four.