Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time in between games?

Is there a certain amount of time in between games that teams should have off?

I've just noticed that Brighton are playing Liverpool (live on sky) in the carling cup on Wednesday and are then playing Leeds (live on sky) in the league on Friday

Surely Leeds would have an advantage there!

Comments

• Leeds are playing tonight, so that will be two tired teams on Friday!
  • edited September 2011
    Didn't notice that! But that is an extra day off

Suppose money talks at the end of the day!
  • edited September 2011
    Perhaps Brighton are planning to put out their Reserve team against Liverpool in the Carling Cup, so they can make the League game their priority? Only kidding.          ;o)

When I was a lad(!).......... I remember Charlton winning consecutive home matches on successive days (Good Friday and Easter Saturday).
    And then drawing 0-0 away at Middlesbrough on Easter Monday.

They 'ad it tough in those days. And all for 20 quid a week.
  • The fans wouldn't be able to afford it these days Oggy!

We was down your way again in June, near Looe (pelynt) We all love it down there!
  • Remeber last season we played Luton in the FA Cup on Thrusday and the Walsall game got moved to a Sunday, that was such a tire game.
  • You wouldn't love it at the moment, Creepy ............. you can only see about 100 yards in all this mizzle.
    Funny how you never see postcards of it!
  • Man Utd play tonight (Tuesday) yet they played on Sunday....however I'm sure Fergie will play a different XI anyway!
  • Notts County played Juventus in Italy a couple of Thursdays ago and then played away at Walsall on the Saturday and won.

In 1995 we played Millwall at home on New Years Day, drawing 1-1 and then played at Luton the following evening. We won that one 1-0.

So when they say tiredness is a factor its a load of old rubbish!
  • The fans wouldn't be able to afford it these days Oggy!

We was down your way again in June, near Looe (pelynt) We all love it down there!
    Glorious warm sunshine this morning, Creepy ........ you'd love it.

;o)
  • I'm sure Players would rather play games than train....
  • Sponsored links:

• bless the players, 3hrs work in 72hrs bet it must be hard for them....