Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey's away support

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Superb. Possibly the best we've had at the Valley since the return ?

Can't help watching them from the opposite end with green eyes. So loud i hardly even heard the poxy bell.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i think it was great to be fair,and the best ive seen down the valley in ages.
    Like you i just watched the lot of em go bananas when they scored,and i did so with much envy !
  • Options
    Generally I think the geordies have the best away support I have seen down at Charlton, always drunk but always good natured.
  • Options
    D

Think we have to realise we will never have aloud support, and I mean never. We've got 2 songs, a ground full of people bused in, who want to leave 5 mins before the end and as I told you the outcome of the match at half time I wasn't surprised in the least.

Lethargy .... you're 'avin a laugh
  • Options
    Regarding our support perhaps the most revealing comment was made by an unidentified voice behind me regarding The Red Red Robin.

He said why on earth do they play that rubbish it kills any atmosphere.

No concept of the heritage of the club so unlikely to fully get behind it.
  • Options
    That's worrying.

This might just be me being a small-minded git, but I cringe each time I see a Valley Express coach. When I have to run down to Sainsbury's 90 minutes before kick-off, that's a lot of cringing going on.