Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hasslebank, wan (oh, you know the rest)

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Not a knee-jerk reaction to a defeat, but what a disappointment he has been.

He's attempt do go down for a pen in the second half was laughable.

There was a rumour that someone spotted him running half way through the first half, but i must of missed it.

Comments

• Never looked like scoring and I think Dowie took the wrong player off at half time.

As we were saying in the pub after the game, how can one player look so dangerous when he plays against us yet be so ineffective when he plays for us?
  • psychology, attitude.........thats how........
  • Had a discussion about JFH with my Chelsea supporting mate on Saturday. I moaned about JFH's lack of effort, and especially how he just stops when he's lost the ball, rather than track back after the player he's lost possession .

Mates response was that JFH is an out and out striker and has never tracked back, or chased anyone down.

Fair enough, but can we really afford a player like that?
  • As I said earlier Medders, he aint Charlton.

As I said before the season, never liked him as a player or person, the song that we sung from the covered end in years gone by summed it up perfectly.

Some of his diving has been laughable, I suppose he might have got away with it 5 years and 3 stone ago.

Its another Murphy 'big club' scenario waiting to happen.
  • His dive in the 2nd half was hilarious.

Never seen an 18st bloke fall down like that before !
  • the difference is.........

when he was at Boro, and chelsea and leeds, he was a character around the place always laughing or shouting or argueing witht the ref..... whereas he doesnt seem to have brought that with him outside of the press conference to say he was with us.... the only goal he scores for us and he looks embarrassed instead of screaming and shouting and getting the rest of the team up to maybe nick a draw!!!!!!!!!!!