Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Youds

edited September 2011 in General Charlton

Does anyone remember this former defender who played for you in the 1990's? He also played for Bradford and Huddersfield amongst other teams, does anyone know his whereabouts now? Or could anyone put me in touch with him or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

L

Comments

• Spoke to him about a year ago at a former charlton players golf day. I beleive he is in the property market now. Have a look at this site you may be able to contact him through it.

http://www.propertyandinvestmentpower.com/clients_football.html

• Hello mate: Most of the gang are at a meeting with The Chairman tonight: Not deliberatly ignoring You.
    If your on Twitter follow @CharltonLive and ask them, they do interviews with ex-players and EY was on acouple of months back.
    Either that, or try any Pub in Blackheath..... ;-)

Regards.

MoG.
  • He was working for Hartlepool last season ....
  • sure you dont wanna add the pic on a few more times mate :)
  • Oops sorry about that first picture i've ever posted. Anyone know how i might lose a few??
  • He always drinks in the crown in blackheath village
  • I have an email of someone who has contact with him.  If you want to inbox me your details and why you want to make contact (i.e. nothing dodgy) then i can send on and see if he gets back to you.
  • As mentioned Eddie was on Charlton Live, I think it was the last one  of the previous season.
    I was  one of the people invited along, and Eddie was very entertaining , and  very straightforward.
    Talked with affection about Charlton, and mentioned that he had been down to the Valley a few times.
    He also mentioned his injuries, and the pain that he played through........
    He did mention that  he wanted to get back into football, and I think had been doing some  preperation for his coaching.
    I get the impression that he had been a  bit upset with football when he packed it in, but was, or had revised his opinion.
    He mentioned that he was into property management on the show.
    Would not be surprissed if Eddie at some stage get's an involvement with Charlton, we could do a lot worse in my opinion!
  • Says he only played 53 times in four years for us on Wiki. That can't be right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thats probably about right, he only played a full season in 98/99 to be honest.
  • Was it away at Huddersfield where he broke his leg?
  • Was it away at Huddersfield where he broke his leg?
    Yes and they were a sporting bunch up there too,,not

• Will be our @CharltonLive Connection with Bradford this week...any fond memories or funny stories about Steady Eddie!???
  • My first ever football match was Ipswich v Blackburn in the Premier League in 1993 at portman road. I was 10 years old. Eddie scored the only goal of the game and Ipswich won 1-0 against a Blackburn side that had most of the players who would win the league the following season. I think Ipswich narrowly avoided relegation that season so it was an important goal by Eddie!
  • myself and @jackcharlton saw Eddie in bexleyheath KFC the day he signed for us.
  • edited December 2016
    First time I saw him he was playing for Brentford and we beat them 4-1. Ask if he remembers Morts' Pele-esque solo goal or Brownie's 30 yard thunderbolt, and whether that influenced his decision to join
  • Made almost as many drunken appearances in Blackheath village as he did appearances for the Charlton first team.
  • I know he had a house in Blackheath, a friend of mine done some work for him but that was some time ago
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    "We're not Barnsley, we're Charlton" in comedy Scouse accent...

Where did this quote come from - my imagination?
  • Oakster said:

He did say this, I'm sure; early prem days
  • Victoria Beckham might know where he is.
  • Bradford

Cheers. Knew it started with a B
  • Lives in Bromley now.

Was a guest of Bromley Addicks two years ago.

Very good value.
  • Always bumped into him up Blackheath, friend of a friends friend goldfish
  • wmcf123 said:

Oakster said:

He did say this, I'm sure; early prem days
    It's on the video for the premiership promotion season. Interview outside the ground after the open top bus tour. Referencing the fact that Barnsley had gone up for a season the year before and had got battered in the PL.
  • Had a drink with him on a couple of afternoons in Blackheath and also with one of his drinking buddies at the time a certain ex-owner who pretended to buy Simonsen!