Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know he's not fully fit, but...

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Why take Pouso off following our best ten mins of the game ??

We were just getting on top, and he was getting stronger as it was going on.

Protect him fine, but he certainly looked like he had another 10 mins in him

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. It went downhill for me once Holland came on. I think the goal was partly his fault although someone will probably blame Kish:-)
  • Options
    Maybe I was harsh on Holland having seen it again. He did give the ball away to Lua Lua but it was following a tackle so he was entitled to expect some support.

Mind you had Kish done it we would never hear the end of it from his detractors!
  • Options
    Made me laugh. Pouso sat in the hole and was available for a pass. Holland came on and ....

Dennis came inside, looked for a square pass and there was a big open space with Matty on the left wing.

Re the tackle that Holland lost, he feigned injury clutching his head, realised that no foul hadf been given, got up and stood there as Lua shot.

All round crap ...
  • Options
    I though Holland did ok kept the ball and knocked it around OK, although I also thought Pouso had more left in him, and as someone that is indifferent to kish i thought he was woeful all game. Young didn't have a great game but was out of position so you can forgive that. The biggest problem was we lacked any ability to open up Pompey in midfield was the problem
  • Options
    pouso wsas giving away acres of space,also gave the ball away almost as cheaply as kish and fortune didn't close the player down enough then carson was too slow.
  • Options
    I'm defending Pouso here.

We are pretty used to having 4 midfielders with at least 3 of them being defensive minded first. On Saturday we started with 3 midfielders, with only one having any regard for defence.

the centre of the pitch is a big old area when you are on your own. When Faye stepped up, i thought Pouso looked more comfortable, and had his best 10 minutes just before he was taken off.

Write him off too early at your peril.
  • Options
    You have to blame Fortune for the goal.
  • Options
    Fortune should have done better but then so should Carson.
  • Options
    maybe but
    a) it was deflected
    b) Fortune should not have given him the time and space to shoot
  • Options
    I thought Carson slapped at the ball, instead of keeping his hand firm and pushing it wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2006
    i am certainly not writing anyone off,just answering the question you posed.it was a good blooding for him and i agree he was better than he had been in the first half but the team weren't really getting anywhere and the shape clearly needing change.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]i am certainly not writing anyone off,just answering the question you posed.

not directed at you specifically, been suprised talking to others and reading other boards that they all had a lower opinion of him than i did.

It will be interesting to see after a tough opening game, what sort of character he is, how he reacts, and if he really wants to be here...