Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea advert at London Bridge- utterly embarrassing.

Saw this poster on the northern line tube platform this morning smugly staring down at me like Peter Mandelson on stilts after winning the Euro millions.

Maybe they are trying to be "ironic" but I think they are  complete berkshire hunts.  Osgood would be turning in his grave.

Embarassment of a football club

Comments

• Options
    Same ad has been up for a while at Kings Cross, I have moved down from my usual spot on the platform so I don't have to look at it.
  • Options
    If I didn't know better I'd have said that was a piss take.

Berkshire hunts? Berkshire H...? Oh I see ;-)
  • Options
    I see this on the Northern line too. Did make me chuckle I must admit.
  • Options
    I got something similar sent to me at work for corporate entertaining specifically tailored around watching Chelsea. I filed it straight in the bin.

• Options
    It looks like somebody at the ad agency came up with an idea, thinking it would be funny to make a light hearted jibe at the old prawn sandwich comments by Roy Keane. Unfortunately the people that then actually created the ad didn't get the joke/reference and therefore missed the entire point.
  • Options

'for information on chelsea matchday hospitality text 'prawn' to 81905'

theres something ridiculous about that statement! lol

• Options
    edited September 2011
    they are palarse ads up all over Penge and clapham 

makes me cringe every time I go past them on the 75 on the way back from school
  • Options
    Stuff like that makes me want a EuroSuperleague so we can get these clubs out of our Leagues
  • Options
    havent seen these yet, but I am thinking this must be a candidate for the return of the splatter bomb (a piece of A4 paper chewed until it's absolutely mushy and sodden, then thrown at a deserving target). An accurate shot will show how it got its name.

• Options
    "DOWN WITH DOWIE"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somehow " prawns " seems such an appropriate wording. Considering the ownership, where is the free glass of vodka, with a free wooden doll for every child ?
  • Options
    Trust me nobody at a good ad agency would come up with such crap. Firstly they would know that "prawn sandwich" is an insult. Secondly they would never nick someone else's line ( in this case M&S)

No this has all the mark of a Chelsea suit who deluded himself he is creative.

As Rodney said, embarrassment of a club
  • Options
    not sure we have the right to critisize too much about embarrassing advertising?
  • Options
    is this the future? .... remember the old joke .. 'I went to a fight and an ice hockey match broke out' ? ... soon it'll be .. 'I went to a corporate function and a football/cricket/rugby match just happened to be on'
  • Options

What Prague said...

I thought exactly the same when i saw it, CEO thought it was a brilliant idea of his and poor staff had to create it.