Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons

13»

Comments

• Options
    Think they are the team to beat this season, they are looking good.

We are the team to beat in L1.

whys that?
  • Options
    Think they are the team to beat this season, they are looking good.

We are the team to beat in L1.

whys that?

Biggest and strongest squad and we seem to have been one of the few clubs to spend money over the last few weeks.

Plus I like the way C has gone about assembling the squad, there have been no panic acquisitions Holands, Green, Stephens, Hayes, all have goof form at this level and added to BWP and Jackson and Wagstaff we have a midfield and attack that is going to be too good for most teams in L1, in defence we've re-modelled things, Solly, sorry S-Dog is getting better, the centre-back pairing is getting stronger and Wiggins has good form and experience, hence we will be the team to beat. Especially as most other L1 teams have very small squads. Against Reading we made 11 changes to the starting XI and stil left Alonso out. Which other L1 team has that kind of depth let alone quality?

• Options
    Bit biased really isn't it saying we have the strongest squad? What tells you we have a stronger team than the likes of MK Dons and Sheffield United who have matched us so far? Those teams are probably saying exactly the same about their players like you have there.

All a game of opinions I guess. 
  • Options
    Bit biased really isn't it saying we have the strongest squad? What tells you we have a stronger team than the likes of MK Dons and Sheffield United who have matched us so far? Those teams are probably saying exactly the same about their players like you have there.

Nope, it isn't biased to think we have the biggest squad, it's pretty much a fact, as for the best we'll have to wait a couple of months for that to be proven, but we have decent options to replace any injured/rested/suspended first team starters. I wonder how many other L1 teams would be confident that if they lost two/three key players they could slot in replacements without too much bother?

• Options
    I wouldn't say we would be confident going into a game if we were without Stephens, Hollands and BWP. I'm not confident we can cope without BWP. One game we won without him, be interesting to see how we cope if he is injured Monday.

The team to beat has to be Huddersfield or one of the relegated teams. Huddersfield have gone what, 30 games unbeaten and their points tally would have got them promoted every season for yonks bar that one.
  • Options

Nope, it isn't biased to think we have the biggest squad, it's pretty much a fact, as for the best we'll have to wait a couple of months for that to be proven, but we have decent options to replace any injured/rested/suspended first team starters. I wonder how many other L1 teams would be confident that if they lost two/three key players they could slot in replacements without too much bother?

On the strength of what - one worthless cup match where we played our reserves? I think if we lost BWP, Jackson and Stephens for any stretch of time we'd struggle mightily.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to Alonso ghosting through midfield, he could add spirit to the team
  • Options
    Henry I am in the process of organising the box again so will keep you updated. I did have it booked for the previous date but it got moved when we beat Reading and I need to apply again
  • Options
    Holands, Green, Stephens, Hayes, all have goof form at this level 
    This is what I have been dreading, BFR  ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2011

On the strength of what - one worthless cup match where we played our reserves? I think if we lost BWP, Jackson and Stephens for any stretch of time we'd struggle mightily.
    We may well do, but you take 3 of the main players from MK or Sheff utd, do you think they've got the quality in reserve that we have?

Teams don't win leagues, squads do. Personally I think we have the better all round squad but the proof is in the pudding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope they do slip back but it's to early writing them off.  They aren't exactly a surprise at the top, recent years they have been chalanging in the top 6.

People were dismissing Brighton this time last year.
  • Options
    Think it would be foolish to dismiss anyone, even if they have a small squad. They could always strengthen with a couple of key loans, and if they're still challenging in the new year, their chairman might decide it's worth the risk of bringing in some extra bodies in the transfer window, so I'd definately not write anyone off yet.
    I do however feel that, as things stand, we have the strongest squad.

• Options
    Henry I am in the process of organising the box again so will keep you updated. I did have it booked for the previous date but it got moved when we beat Reading and I need to apply again
    Cheers, if you can get two spaces then great.
  • Options
    Tango wrote (correctly)
    Teams don't win leagues, squads do.

I'd add there is no 'I' in Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    I can't see how our squad (as opposed to 1st eleven) can be considered strong when our 3rd choice striker has averaged 3 goals over last five seasons, regardless of Reading result.
  • Options
    I think their ground is a very pleasant environment to watch football. I don't like their history but I'm being honest.
  • Options
    I think their ground is a very pleasant environment to watch football.
    I find that off putting ironically.

• Options
    wen i went last year, i got there pretty early and parked outside the stadium. im gonna b getting there a bit later this year, do ya reckon theres still parking 20-30 mins b4 kick off?
  • Options
    Got my mk ticket today - anybody know how many we have been allocated
  • Options
    wen i went last year, i got there pretty early and parked outside the stadium. im gonna b getting there a bit later this year, do ya reckon theres still parking 20-30 mins b4 kick off?

should think there will be cos it's a huge car park all round the ground but earlier the better obviously
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did mk dons have 50 fans up sheffield sat?
  • Options
    got tickets for me and mr revelinit
  • Options
    mk dons brought 493 fans to sheffield wed
  • Options
    mk dons brought 493 fans to sheffield wed
    Colchester took 93 fans away to Scunthorpe Saturday before last
  • Options
    must have been colchester i heard on radio then
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    We're away to MK Dons on Boxing Day this year, currently the trains are showing as running fine - is that likely to change between now and then ?
  • Options
    Less than an hour's drive for me. We will probably go to this.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

We're away to MK Dons on Boxing Day this year, currently the trains are showing as running fine - is that likely to change between now and then ?

There are no trains from London to Milton Keynes on 26th December.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

se9addick said:

There are no trains from London to Milton Keynes on 26th December.
    Ah right, that's a pain, the national rail site is still showing them as running.