Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have been on two protests in the last week-ish

Comments

• Options

When it eventually kicks off, I'm sure the OB will nick them, put them in a dry cell and charge them in the morning.

.....coat.

On assault and battery charges...
  • Options
    @DRF You Have Mail
  • Options
    I have gladly signed the petition, I am a retired skilled worker (Sheet Metalworker) and have worked with so called skilled foriegn workers most of them were bloody useless, but my firm were scared to get rid of them.
  • Options
    What's the current situation?
  • Options
    The break away 8 have sent out the new contracts to the carded labour. The overtime, trace and securities of being on thr cards are not.in the new contract. The new grades are there also. It is up to the cardies labour to reject. The new contract on mass. Anyone acting alone will be sacked.
  • Options
    300 of us stormed the Farringdon station site this morning and occupied the site for an hour until the police arrived and forced us out
  • Options
    Just in case anyone was interested. over 400 of us today marched to King Cross station Site. Met by large amount of police. picketed the site entrance. Blocked off a couple roads and took over the concourse for over an hour. There were lots of unhappy suits. How can people still be making their way to work at 9:10?
  • Options
    Ha I can. Start at 9.30 some days.

Well done.
  • Options
    keep it going....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha I can. Start at 9.30 some days.

Well done.
    KMT. You'll be 2 hours late if you worked in construction.

Good luck CWLC, I'll sign the petition.
  • Options
    SMH
    Dont be shaking your head at me young man - what time do you finish?   I call it the builders train when i go in about 7 if im going to the gym.

• Options
    At the moment im working 7.30 -6.00.
    The builders train lol nice
  • Options
    Quick tip, might want to avoid getting a bus along oxford street Wednesday morning at around 7.30-8.30. Cant see much traffic moving at that time
  • Options
    At the moment im working 7.30 -6.00.
    The builders train lol nice

• Options
    That is indeed DEF
  • Options
    Good to see the publicity is finnaly getting out.
  • Options
    drove past oxford street this morning, think young CWLC was amonst the crowd, got mentions on XFM and LBC mainly due to traffic repports but still at least you got a mention
  • Options
    Up the workers. Was good fun this morning. Police were not too happy but managed to block off oxford street for just over 45 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a mention on BBC London Radio, LBC, XFM and now

ITV London
  • Options
    wahay, that took ages to figure out. A video made by some bloke I don't know of yesterdays protest by alot of people off of the builders train
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Who is that original bloke speaking?

Tommy Clarkes eh.... Must send this to Tavern.  "They're not f***ing struggling are they"!

• Options
    There's a really important bit around 6 minutes into that video. Our beloved "We're all in it together" Coalition have just changed the ruling on Employment Law protection. As it stands you are entitled to your rights after 12 months of employment but it will soon be 24 months and then if you do get sacked unfairly YOU are going to have to pay to take your case to a tribunal. Disgusting.
  • Options
    Only heard about it because a friends been on them
  • Options
    Who is that original bloke speaking?

Tommy Clarkes eh.... Must send this to Tavern.  "They're not f***ing struggling are they"!

A bloke called Dave Smith was speaking at the beginning of it

The bloke who said "They're not f***ing struggling are they" is the Unite officer
  • Options

These firms make me laugh

They say that they are in consultation.....but with whom?

All us sparks have been told to sign the 'agreement' or your down the road

• Options
    Cafc999 who are you working for?
  • Options
    There's a few faces there that I remember.
    Steve ? the one with the nose who wanted to start a revolution at Bond Street, and kevin? the big lump standing next to the jock at the end.
    Takes a lot of effort to keep up the fight.
    Good luck.
    I struggle to accept those people walking onto site, accepting the fliers.
    At the least, just take the day off.