Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the transfer deadline day thread

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
All transfer spec relating to us and anything else of,interest on here. Try and add whether its rumoured or confirmed, and no Football Rumours rubbish

What are we expecting Charlton wise ?

Comments

• A loan deal of some sort, a striker most probably.
  • Nothing at all.  Loans in and out in 8 days time.
  • JTJT
    edited August 2011
    Ah, forgot the loan market remains open for us. Not a lot then.
  • Can we send OohAah on loan to Newcastle?
  • School holidays, he can't do it.
  • edited August 2011
    No way we should (and hopefully wont) sell Benson and leave ourselves with 3 senior strikers (and 2 out and out strikers) for any length of time.

If Benno is in talks with people, then surely we have a striker lined up.

I would be happy with Benson out, and someone like Barnard etc in.

So for me, one striker in. I would keep Doc and Francis.
  • If Benson goes today, loan market or not opening up again next week, he needs to be replaced with a permanent signing today
  • Just seen on SSN Benson having a medical at Bradford.
  • Need a replacement for Benno if he does go and not a loan!
  • If BWP gets an injury in say October and is out for 8 weeks, can we really rely on Wagstaff/Euell to provide the goals? I think we need competition for BWP
  • Sponsored links:

• 100, 100, 100, 100% we MUST get a permanant replacement in today for Benno. You dotn leave yourself that light up front for any length of time, especially as BWP was injured last time out.
  • I can't work out benson going to bradford. So notts c were after him but didn't he turn them down because of moving his family would be a pain in the arris

I can only think he didn't want to work under there mental manager. At Bradford he would be back under parky and maybe has a better contract
  • I can't work out benson going to bradford. So notts c were after him but didn't he turn them down because of moving his family would be a pain in the arris I can only think he didn't want to work under there mental manager. At Bradford he would be back under parky and maybe has a better contract
    Maybe he never fancied the Notts manager and some of the charming players they have there
  • If Benson goes today, loan market or not opening up again next week, he needs to be replaced with a permanent signing today

Agreed. Letting him go without a sufficient replacement would be madness.
  • Don't know if this has been posted yet, so sorry if it has:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11735_7139057,00.html
  • Wonder if Powell will go for Leon Crncic? Just been released by Leicester City.....striker 6' 1".....valued at £225k....might be worth a shout, plays in Slovacian u 21's.........might be one for the future?
  • Today is the last day we can get in season-long loans isn't it? (Apart from in January)

From what Powell has said about the loan of Cort, I would imagine we would be looking to make any loans season-long, in which case I would expect a striker coming into the club in some form today.
  • We have just had a bid for Mark Marshall rejected which was apparently far from his value
  • We have just had a bid for Mark Marshall rejected which was apparently far from his value
    Source?
  • The sky sports news app
  • Sponsored links:

• The sky sports news app
    Cheers
  • On Barnett official site too, looks like they are encouraging bids
  • Very worried about losing Benno. 

After a sad five year beauty parade of strikers that don't score I don't like the idea of losing one who can.

He looked outstanding in the Reading game and has improved his game all round. We should keep him.
  • We don't need him though I thought he looked a handful in the cup game last season... striker(s) please!
  • Nervous
  • Don't really see the need for another winger (especially a right footed one)
  • Bit of a strange one as we already have Waggy and Green fighting for the RM berth and Jacko and Evina on the left. Unless .........
  • I feel like a spoilt brat, that got loads of brilliant presents for his birthday in October but is now only desperate to see what he gets at Christmas, but fears all the good stuff was given to him a few months back.  Fingers crossed that the parents and the gift selector have found the funds to yet again amaze this big kid
  • Bit of a strange one as we already have Waggy and Green fighting for the RM berth and Jacko and Evina on the left. Unless .........
    Unless Powell plans to play Waggy in the hole behind a striker, so wants back up for the right side.
  • I think it will be a huge mistake to let Benno go this season.