Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amady Faye gets better every game

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Think that him and Pouso will provide a very solid wall in the centre of the park when established.

Comments

• Faye was my man of the match today. I thought he was excellent.
  • I also thought Luke Young played very well as well. Showing great versatility.

He's actually a better player than i thought he was.
  • As I said elsewhere Faye, Young, ElK, Fortune and Kish can hold their heads up. The rest were largely poor. No, Carson did ok and nearly saved the goal which Lua Lua deserves credit for. He placed it well.
  • Thought Carson's starting position was a little too far to the left, and it seemed a tame effort to let in. But i'm not gonna knock him because i thought he has been superb.
  • edited September 2006
    As a usual defender of Kish I dont think today is one of the days we can defend him Len. He was very dire today & gave possession away time after time. His positional sense @ right back is very poor too. Faye MOM for me as well as others it seems. Good performances from Young, Fortune & El K - Altho I wish he'd stop f**king shooting. We're wasting dangerous opportunities cause he's still living on past glories.
    Felt sorry for Romm today...Didnt get the ball enough and never really had any support down the right. We tried going through the middle to much & that cost us in the end.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Thought Carson's starting position was a little too far to the left, and it seemed a tame effort to let in. But i'm not gonna knock him because i thought he has been superb.

spot on! i'm row g right behind the goal and from where Carson started he did well to get a touch- but of he had been a tad to the right he could have still covered the near post and it could have just made the difference.
  • I agree with 'cafcpolo' in that Kish gave the ball away too often and The Elk should stop being so speculative all the time. Young looked a bit uncomfortable at left back although he still had a very good game. Faye was my MOM. If Dowie's other signings turn out like that then we'll be OK.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite] Young looked a bit uncomfortable at left back although he still had a very good game.

Really, i thought he looked very comfortable, particularly going on the outside a few times which would be foreign to him. With the ability to cut inside on his right foot, it could end up being his better position, a la Mark Bowen and Mark Reid.
  • Not so sure. I thought that he over-relied on his right foot. That bad back pass which resulted in an unnecessary corner conceded was due to his unfamiliarity with the position for example. As I said, I still think he had a very good game. Normally though I think he's excellent and so should stay at right back. Haven't we got any other options for left back? When is HH back?
  • HH is back for the next league match, the third game he misses is against Carlisle in the League Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Young had a good game, a few errors that you'd expect playing out of position and on his wrong foot but overall showed good leadership. A slight criticism I thought at times he played too far inside his man, but maybe that was me, otherwise he looked secure at LB and didn't give much away.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I agree with 'cafcpolo'

just call me Polo fella. hehe...I thought Young did well @ LB today. Was quite surprised really, would have prefered him on the right, but what can we do at the moment?.? I still believe given a decent run together Young & Romm could be pretty dangerous.
  • Faye was the Summer signing I was most underwhelmed with, how wrong can you be. Think he is right up there with Carson as our Best Player thus far this season.
  • His tackling was excellent yesterday...... its funny how im surprised when a tackle actually lands!!!!
  • bounce ;-)
  • bounce ;-)
    bump ; )
  • edited January 2013
    Who needs Gary Neville when AFKA's got all the knowledge???