Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Broncos

13»

Comments

• Options
    By being part of the £7m sent held off unless we get to the PL.

May have been mentioned this summer once or twice
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    TellyTubby said:k
    I have no sympathy.  They stitched CASC up over a joint tshirt produced for a red, white and black event. 

Agreed to jointly fund promotional shirts and failed to stump up. Pretty poor show crapping on a voluntary organisation imho. 

Not that I hold a grudge.
    Hardly anyone left from the mob that shared the Valley, so a tad unfair imo.
    You're right Pat van de hauwe no longer plays for millwall, maybe I should start liking them now. 
    No Millwall are scum and always have been.

The Broncos have a small loyal band of supporters who are no harm to anyone. The are kept going by David Hughes who is still owed several hundred thousands of pounds by our club.

And you compare them to Millwall
    How come we owed them money?
    We owe Hughes money, not the Broncos.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I have no sympathy.  They stitched CASC up over a joint tshirt produced for a red, white and black event. 

Agreed to jointly fund promotional shirts and failed to stump up. Pretty poor show crapping on a voluntary organisation imho. 

You're right Pat van de hauwe no longer plays for millwall, maybe I should start liking them now. 

The Broncos have a small loyal band of supporters who are no harm to anyone. The are kept going by David Hughes who is still owed several hundred thousands of pounds by our club.

We owe Hughes money, not the Broncos - as already stated
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

We owe Hughes money, not the Broncos.
    Thanks. I was confused how Charlton could owe Broncos money and not sure why the money was raised in this context. 

I took it to imply that charlton owe money that should be paid that hadn't, which isnt the case.

I wish I had the prospect of getting some of my share money back if we ever get to the top flight again.
  • Options
    To hold a grudge against the Broncos now because of something they did when they were owned by Virgin is ridiculous.
    Have a word with them about the money owed and leave Mr Hughes and this team be. They are fighting against many foes and doing it with dignity. 
    I applaud them for their efforts this season and shall support them with pride. 
  • Options

Went to the game on Friday. Thought London were simply outclassed by a Wakefield side that, but for a large number of injuries, would’ve been competing at the other end of the table. London did fantastically well to be promoted and then to be competitive to the last game. Many consider Huddersfield to have been a weaker side this season.

Ward has done well as head coach, although my vote for coach of the season would go to Salford’s Watson.
  • Options
    Fantastic result for Broncos. Will makes sure to get over to Plough Lane a few times next season 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Fantastic result for Broncos. Will makes sure to get over to Plough Lane a few times next season 
    Me too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And no relegation next season is that right ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    And no relegation next season is that right ? 
    That’s the rumour.
  • Options
    New TV deal in place for next season too, so they've got in at a very good time
  • Options
    Given that league isn't a popular sport in the southern part of the UK - where do their supporters come from?
    Is the crowd (mainly) made up of people from up north and Aussies (from NSW/QLD) + kiwis?
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Given that league isn't a popular sport in the southern part of the UK - where do their supporters come from?
    Is the crowd (mainly) made up of people from up north and Aussies (from NSW/QLD) + kiwis?
    Mainly people they have picked up from their various grounds/locations over the years who fall in love with the sport.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Strangely I loved it as a kid.
    Used to watch it with my Dad.
    Then when I finally gave in & got Sky (after Broncos left the Valley 🙄) i started watching it again & just loved it.
    Followed London at Brentford & The Stoop.
    Went to numerous challenge cup finals, magic weekends, trips to Perpignan & loads of Grand Finals.
    Recently went to the Totally Wicked stadium for the first time.
    Just love it.
  • Options
    I remember the Paris St Germain game sometime mid 90s ? And Squeeze performing on the pitch. I too really enjoyed the games at the Valley.