Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grimsby Town

Just been running through tonights scores and came across Grimsby at the bottom of the conference
They got their first point of the season on season after losing their first two games 2-0 at home to fleetwood and 5-0 away at the footballing hotbed that is Braintree
I was wondering if they drop out of the conference, has this ever happened to a former league team before?

Comments

• Got a mate who's a Mariner - home and away, even though he lives in Lincoln

In the last three years his hair has gone completely silver.

• boston? were in league two a while back and are definitly a few leagues down now
  • havent rushden done similar?  also scarborough and halifax
  • halifax, bloody hell how did I forget them!

Been to the shay a few times in years past
  • Plymouth are in the shit down in league two as well.
  • Grimsby have nosedived  .. no money, can't attract players, but still had a crowd of over 4,000 for the last home game ... the only way is UP
  • The demise was definitely not stopped with the recruitment of Dean 'Engine room' Sinclair...is he still there?
  • is Nigel Batch still in goal?
  • edited August 2011
    What about Chester -  Now in the Evo-Stick Premier league.
  • Chester city yeah,
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Chester -  Now in the Evo-Stick Premier league.
    I'm pretty sure that Chester City went bust and the fans restarted with Chester FC who are now trying to do what AFC Wimbledon did.
  • What about Chester -  Now in the Evo-Stick Premier league.
    I'm pretty sure that Chester City went bust and the fans restarted with Chester FC who are now trying to do what AFC Wimbledon did.
    You may be right but surely they would have needed to start lower than this league if that was the case , it is only 2 from the Conference.
  • Did Boston get in the league?
  • Making the long trek up to Grimsby tommorow, been up once or twice before they're not a happy bunch of fans.
  • which in my opinion is excellent news. Fish bummers one and all.
  • Did Boston get in the league?
    Steve Evans now the Crawley manager was the Boston manager when they were in the league. He got a 12month suspended prison sentence for fraud and tax evasion, i.e. paying his players with £50s in brown envelopes round the back of the pub carpark
  • Making the long trek up to Grimsby tommorow, been up once or twice before they're not a happy bunch of fans.
    pity, Grimsby is a lovely town and the club means a lot to the town. Shame is the number of youngsters you see in Man U, Liverpool, West Ham and other bigger clubs' strips. Grimsby Town could well go the way of the town's famous trawlers, to the scrapyard 
  • "Grimsby is a lovely town "

You sure Lincs?
  • halifax, bloody hell how did I forget them!

Been to the shay a few times in years past
    The Shaymen are on the way back, two successive promotions now see's them in the Blue Squre North
  • "Grimsby is a lovely town " You sure Lincs?
    where do you live?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why?
  • Why?
    He wants to stalk you
  • Blimey, Nathan - up already?

;o)
  • Why?

I am gonna compare your home turf with Grimsby .. come on now and tell the truth

• Grimsby don't play in Grimsby. Its Cleethorpes really.
  • Grimsby don't play in Grimsby. Its Cleethorpes really.
    try and spot the boundary .. like West Ham play in East Ham
  • I live in Beckenham. Now tell me of the delights of Grimsby (not that you need to as I know that toilet far too well).
  • Bloke is with a girl in the back of his car, she says "kiss me where it's wet and smelly" he says " I'm not driving all the way to Grimsby"
  • I live in Beckenham. Now tell me of the delights of Grimsby (not that you need to as I know that toilet far too well).
    You get better fish and chips in Grimsby!
  • That is true!