Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The insurance "game"

Am quickly coming to the conclusion that nobody does anything much in this line of work, at least not in the afternoons as they've all been to the pub!

I know a couple of people in this caper and they never, and I mean NEVER, work past 5pm. Apparently everyone just downs tools and makes a dash for the exits.

Is this true? Anyone on here work in that line?

Comments

• Options
    very true, we start 9:15 here, office is a desert at 5pm , but then we are more of a trade body than actual practising insurer, it does seem to be pretty standard though in the underwriting and reinsurance side.. dull as though!
  • Options
    You can say that about many jobs. I used to leave work on time most days but there were plenty who didn't and when I was busy would work as long as I needed to.

The better insurance professionals can work very long hours but there are a lot of people in the business for whom it's just a job and they do work their hours and that's it.

You look at the pubs around Lime Street and some of them are busy most of the afternoon.

I've been out of the business for four years now but still keep in touch and what I have said still holds true.
  • Options
    There is a big 'social' aspect of this sector, although it largely stuffy men in dark suits swilling ale...
  • Options
    Any jobs going?
  • Options
    Not for people like you who clearly spend all day down the pub :-)
  • Options
    I work in insurance and have done so since I left school really (15 years !!!) and am generally at my desk by 7.15-7.30 most mornings, but you are right 'lunches' can be long sometimes and there is a 'social' side to the work.....our office hours are 9.30 - 5.30 and pretty much everyone is out the door at 5.29 and 59 seconds !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not for people like you who clearly spend all day down the pub :-)

But isn't that a prerequisite?