Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury away

edited August 2011 in Root
Well, on the back of that win, Mr W has just announced he's up for a trip to Bury...looking forward to it - new ground for me!

Comments

• Well, on the back of that win, Mr W has just announced he's up for a trip to Bury...looking forward to it - new ground for me!
    Same here , got tickets already , bring it on!
  • too expensive really from canterbury :( would love to do this and/or Rochdale!
  • Was planning on going before tonights game, will almost certainly make the effort now.
  • Wasn't sure about this one before the season started, but think we are going now
  • Think that game might determine a bit more where our away support is heading.

We took 900 ish there in 97/8

statto

• ill be booking my tickets on friday, cant wait
  • 3 of us going, should be a good day out. Lets hope we are still unbeaten.
  • I'm going up Manchester for the Bank Holiday weekend. Not sure the Misses is too happy but hey ho!

Should be a good game, then United got ARSEnal on Sunday.

statto

no way mate, i'd say we had about half that there though we did make a proper noise in the tin stand behind the goal. Do we still get the same stand ?

• Yes, Manchester Road End.
  • Sponsored links:

statto

no way mate, i'd say we had about half that there though we did make a proper noise in the tin stand behind the goal. Do we still get the same stand ?

No it is the opposite end now in which used to be the old home end
  • Just booked up. I was gonna give it a miss, having been there before on a Tuesday night for a League Cup game.

However, we are playing so well I couldn't resist  :-)

• Just booked up. I was gonna give it a miss, having been there before on a Tuesday night for a League Cup game.

However, we are playing so well I couldn't resist  :-)

How much did you manage to get the trian for mate?
  • Trainline was £70 return or £60 for 2 singles & Cheeseyjet had no discounts. So I'm going on my annual (ish) coach trip £25. Coveredend junior & me. None of the other lightweights are going  :-( 
  • I've searched everywhere for cheaper fares and come up with nothing other than the prices already spoke about.

Coach from Bromley North for me then.
  • Should be on my own on the coach from Eltham :( Thats if I can book it the day before
  • Poxy expensive trains. I dont know if I can take sitting on the coach for 4-5 hours there and back :(
  • I booked the train a while back and got £45 return London Euston to Manchester Picadilly. Just to rub it in...
  • Book a train last saturday and got £31 return.
  • There is always the via Sheffield option mentioned on the Train page of the OS. Not sure how much difference it would make.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've seen a return ticket tonight for £47 on train, is anyone else planning on going on their own?
  • im going on my own, but ill prob get the coach, does anyone know what time it arrives at the ground?? and leaves the ground?
  • in my experience they arrive about 5 mins after KO and leave straight after the game..;o)
  • in my experience they arrive about 5 mins after KO and leave straight after the game..;o)
    We did have an unusual number of problems last season, in each case caused by accidents and motorway closures. These were very frustrating for those affected, but to put them in context it was four out of 77 away coaches that arrived after kick-off.

For Bury the last pick-up (at Charlton) is 8am. There will be at least two coaches, so if numbers allow we will aim to have one finish picking up at Bexleyheath at 7.45am. So I've allowed seven hours for a journey of four and a half, making some allowance for the coach being limited to 65mph.

There are two drivers, so no requirement for a 45 minute stop if they hit traffic, although you'd need a stop for comfort purposes. It's Bank Holiday weekend, which could be a factor, but I think these times are reasonable. We'll never be able to cater for motorway closures caused by accidents, as the recent M25 chaos showed.
  • going to skip this one. Only Golfie and I of our party up for it and that makes it too expensive petrol wise.

• No mention of car sharing among the Lifer community so far. Too risky for longer trips?
  • 3 of us driving up so no space for you & Large, I'm afraid , Golfie
  • Someone at the top of the J block might be able to help...
  • what time are people on trains getting into manchester? I'm going alone and aiming to get there for about half 11 then attempt to work out the trams! has anyone looked into match day pubs as well?
  • I'm taking my first trip to Gigg Lane. Does anyone know where the best place to park is?