Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rise of the planet of the apes

edited August 2011 in Root
Released today and me and Tango jnr going to see it tomorrow.  This one goes back to the original story of how it all started. Looks good.
Anyone else going?

Here's a review & trailer from News Shopper

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/freetime/latest/9191165.MOVIE_REVIEW__Rise_Of_The_Planet_Of_The_Apes_____/

Comments

• I saw a really elaborate marketing campaign for this earlier this week in Ealing, Clapham and Tottenham....
  • Racist.
  • edited August 2011
  • Did anyone mention race?
  • I saw a really elaborate marketing campaign for this earlier this week in Ealing, Clapham and Tottenham....

?

Besides the racist overtones I think you'll find that our Simian relatives are generally a bit better behaved.

But why watch the re-makes, the originals were much better. With all that money to play with you'd have thought that Hollywood could think up something new rather than re-hashing ideas.

• WSSWSS
    edited August 2011
  • And as if on cue.......
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011

• Did anyone mention race?
    Did he have to? The implication's clear enough.

WSS, I met you briefly before the Bournemouth game and you came across as quite intelligent.

Now I know why they say never go on first impressions....................
  • Sponsored links:

• I was joking when I said racist but I'm pretty sure WSS was referring to the fact that people were acting like animals rather than having racist intentions. Let's not get all over excited!
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2011
    Goodness me.

I can guarantee that there are NO racial over or undertones.  It's more a case of a load of un-evolved primates rampaging through cities causing destruction.

Those that do KNOW me, know that's not my style.
  • Saw some of the advertisments yesterday at the odeon in Greenwich, some underlying messages in their for sure.
  • Fair enough, but engaging of grey matter doesn't help now and then.
  • ANYWAY...................kiss and make up. Anyone going to see it?
  • Really want to see this actually, thought it was released yesterday got the cinema to be proved wrong. Saw Super 8 instead, apart from the poor acting wasn't too bad a film, modern day E.T. in my eyes.
  • That's another possible on my list JBlock.

I know they're both chuckaway movies with very little in the way of a plot, but myself and jnr like going to the cinema quite regulary and as he's only 11, these fit in with his age and attention span.

And i'll secretly admit to enjoying some of them. ; )
  • Saw Captain America last week, probably the worst film I've seen this year. Would happily go see POTA even if the trailer seemed to give away the whole film.
  • Looking forward to seeing this , love going to the cinema and watching 'films on the big screen'

Bring it on.
  • Being fair to him, I genuinely didn't think he was referring to race, simply to the moron looters. Maybe that's because I'm not racist though... who knows.

Anyway, I actually want to see this film but with the Inbetweeners movie coming out this month as well I'm not sure I want to pay w to go to the cinema twice in such a short space of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to see it tomorrow with Henry Jnr. Looks like a good bit of trash but that's OK.
  • Saw Captain America last week, probably the worst film I've seen this year. Would happily go see POTA even if the trailer seemed to give away the whole film.
    was looking forward to that, quite a fan of the modern day comic book style films, was very disappointed what a shite film!
    Really want to see this actually, thought it was released yesterday got the cinema to be proved wrong. Saw Super 8 instead, apart from the poor acting wasn't too bad a film, modern day E.T. in my eyes.
    Cant wait to see super 8, but yeah its just a modern day ET
  • Never got around to seeing Capt America. Was going to do that one this week but opted for POTA instead. I'll wait for capt am to be released on dvd and then download purchase it.
  • Seriously, didn't Tim Burton do one of these a few years back? Utter crap as I remember, but still...
  • Seriously, didn't Tim Burton do one of these a few years back? Utter crap as I remember, but still...
    Yeah, 10 years ago. Big let down was my opinion on that one. Hoping this one's better, but not holding my breath.
  • Won't haul my ass down to the cinema for this one. Will wait for it to appear on Sky but not in any rush.
  • Only reason Cap.America interested me was because of the whole ww2 aspect of it, was disapointed that were no real nazis in it. Unsure between POTA and Super 8, I get the impression POTA would be slightly moer impressive in the cinema than super 8 in terms of effects, sound etc.
  • i saw Super8 on sunday. first half with the kids i loved, was like a real 80's style movie like the goonies.

then the explosions and CGI came and the film lost its soul.
  • I've just got back from watching Super 8. It was a ok film, but what was that train crash all about?? Bloody CGI !

Would be a good Sunday afternoon film on tv tho

• Got all the originals on DVD box set, you cant beat them, will watch this on On Demand or something similar further down the line.