Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garry Nelson - Southend2Southend

edited August 2011 in Root
Those listening to tonight's show would have heard that Garry is riding from Southend (on the Mull of Kintyre) to Southend at the end of September. The full interview will be up on CAFC Player later in the week when the show is repeated.

So far he's raised nearly £800

We'd like to think that Charlton fans could push this up a bit more!

Find out more by clicking here

Comments

• Good on him.

Little Havens is a great charity, have done quite a few events for them.

• Great idea.  I would invite them all in for a pre-trip cup of tea at my home near Southend, Mull of Kintyre - except I'm away on holiday at the time.  Boo!! 

Certainly happy to help publicise it around "Soothen" if anyone wants to get in touch with me with more details.
  • Loved him to bits - the original and best "impact substitute"
  • Mrs Stig works with a couple of those guys that are doing it with him.  If there's any pics sent around their office, I'll post them up here.
  • Saw him outside the ground on Saturday: he looked bloody fit! Looked like he could still run about on the sacred turf.
  • Right, that's that done. Weegie, get in touch with him via @Nelse61 on twitter.

One of the game's nice guys and I hope that Charlton fans will back him all the way in this quest.

• Ive met him a few times now but I dont think he's met me properly after a barrel full.  Poor sod. 
  • He did look scared in those photo's!
  • Top man and top player of his kind. If only everyone had the same attitude on the pitch.

Back him on his quest if you can afford to.

• Great player to watch.  This isn't said in hindsight....  Loved Nelson at the time and hated Pardew.  Both worked really hard, but Nelse had a lot more quality and guile in his game.  I just used to groan when I saw Pardew break into the box to get on the end of something, yes he could score but more often than not it was a inauspicious glaring miss.

Nelse started about a 150 games for us.  I'll be bunging a fiver their way as long as he's not using his dodgy mtb from left foot forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a player I think that is a tad harsh on Pardew, but i have to agree that Nelse was better. I bet he was a better manager too -so why is Pardew holding down a highly paid PL jon (for now)?
  • Nelse is up to £921.00, way short of the target though at the moment
  • £9741 is current total.

There's now a blog

We're also hoping to talk to the man himself on Sunday nights Charlton Live
  • Nelse tweeted at about 3.30 this afternoon that they'd completed the ride. Looks like they also broke the £15k target
  • Wish He was on the pitch at The Valley !

Seriously tho' We'll done: Top Man.
  • I believe they've gone out to Sands in Southend tonight.  Not sure how lively they'll be.  If it was me I'd be asleep (for a year).
  • I got sent this picture from the end of the Soothend to Sarfend ride.  Now, if you think that Nelse did well cycling 650 miles at the age of 49.  Take a look on the right hand side of the pic - Bob Wilson aged 69.

• Bob Wilson only did the last few miles on the last leg with them!!

A fantastic effort by the team.
  • Bob Wilson only did the last few miles on the last leg with them!!

What a fraud ;-)  Come to think of it, he does look a little fresher than the others.

My wife said that the guy she works with could hardly walk today.  And He couldn't wear his work suit because his arse has swelled up.