Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looking for a adults Saturday/Sunday League team.

edited August 2011 in Root
Just wondering if anyone on here is in an Adult Saturday or Sunday league team? I am looking to join a team but many teams I have contacted have a big price on and being a student, financially I would be living on nothing to kick a ball in a team. Pub team, Saturday, Sunday, I would join any. Can any one help me out here?

Comments

• Options
    what area u from>
  • Options
    Welling but willing to travel.
  • Options
    I must admit I am also looking for a team right now, but I am severely unfit, so it would mostly be for training. Live in Mottingham but also willing to travel, left footed, 6 foot 1, nothing amazing just want to get fit and have a bit of fun playing football to be honest!
  • Options
    Um How old are you guys? I currently play for a 6-a-side team with other Cafc fans and due to the numbers now we have 2 teams and are looking at going 11 a side on a Sunday as well I believe.
  • Options
    18, 19 in October but I've played for past teams including youth and adults plus I was training and about to sign for an adults team when I was 15, so not really hard to fit in to the mould.
  • Options
    20, sorta signed up for a sunday league team based in beckenham called New south, Division 5 team, Just for fun, ALot of the players work and cant make every week so its flexable, its more of a PT fun sunday league team then anything serious
  • Options
    I'm 20, and I work shift work so being there every week will be pretty slim
  • Options
    Go on kjfc.co.uk I know they are looking for players and based in bexley
  • Options
    My sons team  who play on Saturday afternoons in the Bromley and district div 1 need a goalkeeper.
    Very friendly team, players 18 and above. 
    Based at STC Eltham, Training midweek.
    Whisper if interested will get back to you.
    Thanks....... 
  • Options
    I must admit I am also looking for a team right now, but I am severely unfit, so it would mostly be for training. Live in Mottingham but also willing to travel, left footed, 6 foot 1, nothing amazing just want to get fit and have a bit of fun playing football to be honest!
    As a former Olavian myself, I can back this up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA, how are your lot doing so far this season? You will see me pretty soon : )
  • Options
    I can't wait for @Redarmyse7's answer. Mourinho he ain't!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    dizzle, I handed the reigns over to redarmyse7 and another lad in the summer. I had too many commitments on the go and needed to free up some family time.

I'd had a great 15 years running the club and it was wonderful being clapped out the front door when most others are hounded out the back.

Sadly the team are still in shock, and for the first time in 16 years have lost both their opening games. I get ex players on a weekly basis phoning me up in tears begging me to come back, but this new management team needs time to find their feet, even if the future is, understandably, looking bleak.

Who you playing for this season ?
  • Options
    Anyone looking for a Sunday Keeper?
  • Options
    dizzle, I handed the reigns over to redarmyse7 and another lad in the summer. I had too many commitments on the go and needed to free up some family time.

I'd had a great 15 years running the club and it was wonderful being clapped out the front door when most others are hounded out the back.

Sadly the team are still in shock, and for the first time in 16 years have lost both their opening games. I get ex players on a weekly basis phoning me up in tears begging me to come back, but this new management team needs time to find their feet, even if the future is, understandably, looking bleak.

Who you playing for this season ?
    Oh no. Thats not good, thats a shame. Are you alan curbishley in disguise? At least come to watch our match!

Im playing for FC Plasma this year. We drew our first game and lost Sunday. Lots of new players though so trying tofind our best formation and starting 11 and so on. Come to watch our game when its scheduled!

Was looking forward to that aswell!
  • Options
    dizzle, I handed the reigns over to redarmyse7 and another lad in the summer. I had too many commitments on the go and needed to free up some family time. I'd had a great 15 years running the club and it was wonderful being clapped out the front door when most others are hounded out the back. Sadly the team are still in shock, and for the first time in 16 years have lost both their opening games. I get ex players on a weekly basis phoning me up in tears begging me to come back, but this new management team needs time to find their feet, even if the future is, understandably, looking bleak. Who you playing for this season ?
    LOL ;o)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just noticed the fixtures on the site. That game is when i am on Holiday on the 30th Oct :(
  • Options
    I'll admit the Mighty Albany Rangers have had somewhat of a stuttering start to the season, one win in four :-(
  • Options
    I'll admit the Mighty Albany Rangers have had somewhat of a stuttering start to the season, one win in four :-(
    Our big game at the end of the month i wont be here! Such a shame
  • Options
    I'm also looking for a Sunday team if anyone knows of any.
    29 years old, played all my life but due to an injury couple of seasons ago had to give up. Need to get back to full fitness but very interested if anyone can help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still looking for a goalie for a Saturday team in the Bromley league 1. 
    New team,  tel: 07805 215798
    thanks

• Options
    Sorry - thought this was another Doherty thread.
  • Options
    Doherty wouldnt get into the starting line up for my sunday team
  • Options
    Doherty and Hughes could be subs if you are desperate for numbers?
  • Options
    Thanks newshopper.......
    Amazingly we have just posted an ad on there.

Try our players wanted forum

http://forum.newsshopper.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=27

Used to use the paper years ago for junior players.
    We  have a  player who can go in goal, so could always use someone that just goes to home matches at the Valley on a Saturday.
    I have just securred training at Goals in Bexleyheath on a Wednesday, and discussing a new Home pitch arrangement. Tried to secure  the  Metrogas but they have no vacancies!.