Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alonso and Bover

edited August 2011 in Root
Are their injuries long term?

Comments

• Options
    no.
  • Options
    evinna not there today aswell
  • Options
    Bover said on twitter he should only be out for 5 days, this was a day or two before the millwall game. Powell seems to have a policy of beening 100% sure players are fit before they are played.
  • Options
    Bover tweeted yesterday that he was in the 18 man squad. Obviously didnt make the final 16
  • Options
    We can only play 11 players. They will get their time.
  • Options
    When Mikel Alonso arrived I genuinely thought that once fit and adjusted to Charlton and league one that he would be an influential player for us this season. That now seems very doubtful to me. I know he picked up an early injury but does anyone know where exactly Mikel is in terms of fitness and why he has dropped of the Charlton radar. Will we ever see him in a Charlton shirt ?
  • Options
    no powell thinks he's shit
  • Options
    We can only play 11 players. They will get their time.
    Nope we can play 14 but only 11 at any one time.
  • Options
    He's got to get through these barriers first though:

Hollands (first name on teamsheet)
    Stephens (young and hungry)
    Hughes (5 wins in his 5 starts)
    Pritchard (impressed with his cameos)
    Bover (19 year old who we're going to invest time in)
  • Options
    When Mikel Alonso arrived I genuinely thought that once fit and adjusted to Charlton and league one that he would be an influential player for us this season. That now seems very doubtful to me. I know he picked up an early injury but does anyone know where exactly Mikel is in terms of fitness and why he has dropped of the Charlton radar. Will we ever see him in a Charlton shirt ?
    Our great leader says that they will all play a part. Have faith. Fact is that some of the squad players got a chance today. If Alonso is being nursed along and given the strength of the first team at the moment there are going to be few chances to get in. If players lose form, or get suspended or injuries occur, then those first in line will step up and others behind will move closer to contention.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got to get through these barriers first though:

Hollands (first name on teamsheet)
    Stephens (young and hungry)
    Hughes (5 wins in his 5 starts)
    Pritchard (impressed with his cameos)
    Bover (19 year old who we're going to invest time in)
    That was what I was trying to say.
  • Options
    Suspect both will be on show at Bromley.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    evinna not there today aswell
    im pretty sure he was.....                 (my mistake didnt see the date of the comment :P)
  • Options
    Look at the date that was written
  • Options
    oh yeh my bad haha
  • Options
    It always worries me when a player joins and then gets injured, and fails over a period of months to even be heard of. You think he's going to end up like Gibbs or countless others.

Can anyone name a player that did that, and then went on to be good?
  • Options
    It always worries me when a player joins and then gets injured, and fails over a period of months to even be heard of. You think he's going to end up like Gibbs or countless others.

Can anyone name a player that did that, and then went on to be good?

I know exactly what you mean. I already think the moment has passed for Alonso. Hope I'm wrong. I never thought he came to us not to be heavily involved and that is now beginning to look very doubtful.