Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Take a bow Waggy, Take a bow!

edited August 2011 in Root
What a goal by Wagstaff, if anyonte finds a youtube video after FLS or before of just the goal just put it up! If Wagstaff gets dropped for Green to go on RW next week I will not be happy, In my opinion Green now needs to fight for that position.

Comments

• Options
    I think Green is a shoe-in.  That being said, having seen Green and the way he plays - I fear Chris Solly or whoever plays right back, are going to be a lot more exposed than if Scott is in front of them.
  • Options
    It was a brilliant goal.

But Waggy still didn't offer that much on the right wing today - he has a habit of underhitting passes in bad areas, did so today after his goal and had to chase back.

I'm happy for Green to replace him, but I hope Waggy accepts the challenge and really ups his game to become the player he can be.
  • Options
    An amazing goal by waggy but on some website's they're saying it went to Stephens, which is wrong 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    An amazing goal by waggy but on some website's they're saying it went to Stephens, which is wrong 
    The press association gave it to Stephens (on the vidiprinter) and haven't bothered to correct it.

Every media outlet seems to be wrongly reporting it (except the OS).
  • Options
    Waggy did good going forward, but he did get caught out defensively at times....he got a bollocking or two from Dyer for it. I would play Green tuesday and compare the two for Notts County next weekend.
  • Options

Great goal, but I don't remember him beating his full back and putting a decent cross in more than once.

He'll probably play Tuesday and will then get dropped.

Green hasn't been signed to sit on the bench.

• Options
    Great goal early days but How many crosses did waggy get in How many times did he get around the last man just like two see more off that he has the pace .
  • Options
    Agree with Clem doesn't pose enough of a threat and for a winger never manages to cross the ball
  • Options
    A well taken goal and I think Waggy will develop into a good player, but he needs to do the stuff that a right-winger should do - track back, get crosses in etc. With time he'll develop that side of the game and that's why Green was bought, he can do all that better than Waggy can do and will be the better player on the right. But we have two good players for this position and I wouldn't have any worries about Waggy starting a few matches here and there.
  • Options

Great strike, but that doesn't change the fact Green will come straight in, in my opinion.

Just highlights that Waggy can be used as a back up for Green and as a 4th striker maybe.

For me Scott just don't get to the byline often enough, with Jacko on the other side who is not a winger and plays more in the centre we need someone wide who can get cross after cross after cross over and into the box, that's Green.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exhilarating to see that from directly behind the goal - just curling enough to ping in off the woodwork.
  • Options
    yeah, the bbc site says stephens got first two. idiots.
  • Options
    what a strike great effort and i thought it was stephens from the way he shaped up to shoot 
    not sure on the wing is his best position , i just cant work him out but his work ethic is tremendous , just hope we can find a way to maximise this uncanny knack of scoring although i'll be pleasantly surprised if he keeps it up :-)
  • Options
    great goal but like most have already said, on the right wing he doesn't really offer anything. green will probably get the rw slot and maybe waggy should fight for a different position instead.
  • Options
    It's strange. This thread is called 'Take a bow Waggy', his goal is already being called a possible goal of the season but still people are saying that Green (yet to make his debut) will take his place. What's the boy got to do?
  • Options
    both sky sports and BBC claim it was Stephens goal!!

Credit where it's due FFS
  • Options
    Waggy scored a blinder , yes his crossing needs to improve , i'm sure it will.
  • Options
    Very good goal but Green should start for me he's class.
  • Options
    A great goal, but the rest of his game wasn't brilliant today.   He needs a little more guile to beat his man and link up better with the play and deliver from wide positions.   However, he has a fantastic knack of scoring goals, so I think he'll get plenty of chances to show he deserves his place this season.
  • Options
    I'm not disputing that Green's a good player but people are overplaying his abilities somewhat. You'd think that we'd just signed the ex-European footballer of the year again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    both sky sports and BBC claim it was Stephens goal!!

Credit where it's due FFS
    They both take info from the PA. It's their fault that the goal was given to Stephens - after all, it's too much to expect the state-sponsored broadcaster (which we pay for) and the largest private broadcaster (which plenty of people pay 30 quid a month or more for) to employ even one competent journalist to cover any football beneath The Promised Land accurately.
  • Options
    He works hard, but 1st half he did nothing and then he pops up and scores a screamer! He can score goals, but as a winger as everyone says he doesn't offer much, apart from goals...it's a strange one. He keeps the shirt for now, but it's a nice problem for CP to have

• Options
    edited August 2011
    double post
  • Options
    He should be an attacking midfielder and not a winger, just a random thought there
  • Options
    Well happy for him, clearly wears the shirt with pride even if his performance isn't great.  But superb strike!!  He's still very young and will develop into a good player I believe.
  • Options
    Good goal by Waggy and that is what you get from him. However he doesn't beat his man often enough and his crossing is poor. Away from home there is a place for him playing off a front man but otherwise I'd take Green over Waggy.
  • Options
    Can't cross don't care sack him.

• Options
    Chrissy's already implied that he & Elliot will keep their places for now, if of course Robbie's contract can be sorted out. Reading match gives him a chance to slip Green in for at least part of the game without actually dropping Waggy, who I still feel can be our extra forward if needed.
  • Options
    Waggy did well today but i would pick Green ahead of him.
  • Options
    Not sure who passed the ball to Waggy, had the ref got out of the way, he would have shot instead.