Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Choice Tv Live Radio Show @ 7pm Sunday 7th August 2011.

edited October 2011 in Root
Hi all, we have been working very hard over the past few months to bring this all together in time for the start of the new season and are more or less there, however there will be some ongoing development of the website due to the size of this project. We firmly believe that we have created a concept for all cafc supporters to be proud of and if at this early stage you would like to get involved or believe you can contribute something positive to Charlton Choice Tv (CCTv) then please feel free to get in touch with us using our contact details at the bottom of the page.

Charlton Choice Tv's Objective is to provide a FREE, honest and impartial opinion of all things cafc via our new fan interactive website, keeping cafc fans across the world in touch with the real side of the football club

First Live Broadcast
This Sunday Brian Cole and Phil Webster will host a test show at 7pm, this will be streamed FREE of charge on our new website www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk. We are adding some finishing touches to the site over the next 24hrs and the website will go live sometime on Saturday, with the show on Sunday evening being the first live broadcast via the Watch Tv media player. Over the course of time we will change the format of the show to a live video show complete with a studio backdrop.

This is an insight of the features we plan to bring Charlton fans when the site is fully operational

Sunday Night Live: A regular Sunday evening show at 7pm hosted by Brian Cole and Phil Webster covering everything from the match including; pre match audio, post match "shout box" content, cafc news, emails, tweets, phone ins, guests, competitions, cafc community news and a new feature called "Who Are Ya" when we will endeavour to talk to opposition fans for friendly banter and discussion. This Sunday we are giving away FREE rail travel for one person from London to Nottingham on Saturday 13th August. There is no strict schedule for the shows and we are always open to suggestions from fans to add to the content, we are also prepared to broadcast at short notice for phone in's and debate which can be broadcast via our media player in the event of major story lines that may unfold throughout the season involving cafc. If you cant listen on Sunday you will be able to tune into Watch Tv during the week where you will find all of our audio and video projects always available.

Match Day Live: We will announce in due course our own fixture list of games that we will stream live via the Match Day Live media player over the course of the season (audio only and selected games - not every match) . Match Day Live will consist of pre match build up broadcast from the pubs and streets around the grounds (home and away) news, reports, commentary and live fan reaction from the stadiums. Listeners will also be able to call into our studio to make their points of view and engage in debate..whether its good or bad we aim to cover it live. At full time fans will be able to call our dedicated Charlton Choice Tv phone number (0208 133 2994) and leave your point of view on the match, shout out, rant or anything cafc related. We will play out your messages on Sunday nights show (subject to acceptable language or course).

Community: We are looking to really develop this aspect and will be covering local cafc projects and organisations. Let us know if you have or know of a worthy cause

Former Players: Video and audio interviews with Charlton players from the past

Radio & Music: We are going to give cafc fans in the music industry (unsigned) the opportunity to showcase their music and mixes on our shows. Our long term plan is to look into obtaining a license to broadcast weekday shows with commercial music and phone ins. 

Addicks Zone: Fans will be able to upload their cafc match day photos onto our website

Match Reports/Blog and News: We would welcome any fans who regularly attend matches to post your own match reports (comical,biased or unbiased whatever your forte) and/or your cafc blog onto our site. Website visitors will then be able to interact with your reports by adding comments. Please email us if you are interested in contributing to this area.

Nicholas: Keen gambler Nicholas will be giving his Saturday football predictions. We will publish an ongoing tally of his losses, or even winnings as the season continues.

For All Advertising Enquiries

Promote your business on www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk with video adverts on our Watch Tv and Match Day Live streaming media players, adverts can be upto 30 secs long (with a no skip facility). We also welcome enquiries for sponsorship in the following areas: Main Website Sponsor, Sunday Evening Live Show (main sponsor and ad break sponsors), Website Banner Sponsorship

Contact Details For Charlton Choice Tv

Email: info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk
Shout Box, Phone Ins & Sunday Evening Show Phone Number: 0208 133 2994
Twitter: cafcchoicetv

We hope you like the ideas but first and foremost a good performance and 3 points on Saturday, we hope you can join us on Sunday night with plenty of good things to discuss.

Cheers,
Phil

Comments

• Options
    good to have an experienced old sage like nicholas in your team 
    good luck

will it clash with charlton live ? isn't that going out on player or something on sunday nights
  • Options
    Tele Addicks. Whatever next. Sounds very good to me.
  • Options
    will it clash with charlton live ? isn't that going out on player or something on sunday nights

mmm ... could be an issue
  • Options
    Why not start at 5pm and catch those waiting for Live?
  • Options
    I was going to ask if it clashed with Charlton Live too....

And it appears you are going to have a forum too......

Hope we can all play nicely gents
  • Options
    We are flexible with the time, we can change this and the live show details will always be posted on the home page of the website. We would welcome Charlton Life to host their own show via the our site at some point in the future if its something people want to get involved with.
  • Options
    Well theres only one way to settle this.....

• Options
    We are flexible with the time, we can change this and the live show details will always be posted on the home page of the website. We would welcome Charlton Life to host their own show via the our site at some point in the future if its something people want to get involved with.

Blimey - how many radio shows can a league one team accommodate!
  • Options
    Match Day Live will consist of pre match build up broadcast from the
    pubs and streets around the grounds (home and away) news, reports,
    commentary and live fan reaction from the stadiums. Listeners will also
    be able to call into our studio to make their points of view and engage
    in debate..whether its good or bad we aim to cover it live. At full time
    fans will be able to call our dedicated Charlton Choice Tv phone number
    (0208 133 2994) and leave your point of view on the match.

If you really do manage to do anything as good as this sounds then us overseas fans will be delighted.
    Just one question: why do fans leave a message after the match- couldn't you have a live phone-in instead?
  • Options
    Im just confused why it has to go in direct competition with Charlton Live, when there are plenty of other hours in the day.  Charlton Live which is something you were involved in.  Just seems a bit odd to me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im just confused why it has to go in direct competition with Charlton Live, when there are plenty of other hours in the day.  Charlton Live which is something you were involved in.  Just seems a bit odd to me.

Yes. And a live post-match phone in would solve this. Why not do the pre-match pub interviews after the match too? The interviewer can have a drink with the other fans (in the rain outside the Royal Oak ;-)
  • Options
    If you have live match day commentary, how does this sit with the CAFCTV service?
  • Options
    It's seems quite divisive to go head to head with Charlton Live and if that's a deliberate ploy there will be only one winner. 
  • Options

It looks like a massive project with potentially a lot of supporter contributions required to keep it fresh. I really like your matchday videos (especially the away ones) so I hope you'll still do a few of those this season.

I'm looking forward to this Choice and I've got my fingers crossed for you that it is a big success.

• Options
    edited August 2011

Yes. And a live post-match phone in would solve this. Why not do the pre-match pub interviews after the match too? The interviewer can have a drink with the other fans (in the rain outside the Royal Oak ;-)

JM, we are endeavoring to provide a post match show at some point and this will happen when possible, the reason behind the "shout box" initially is because I work regularly on Saturday nights and at the moment i'm very busy due to the time of year, most of the time I have to make a hasty exit to get to work after a game, i'm lucky enough that I can do some of my work on occasions in the morning depending on where i'm working, which means I can actually get to the games but Saturday generally involves a lot of driving about to get my "charlton fix".

Curb It, as far as there being plenty of other hours in the day, I dont get home till sometimes 3-4am on a Saturday night, I then need the Sunday to edit and compile everything we have gathered from the Saturday hence the show needing to go out in the evening, also we all have families and have to take all that into consideration, we have also incurred a reasonable amount of expense and a lot our spare time getting this ready to work without sponsorship at this stage (and theres a few cheesed off wives out here trust me).

Ultimately cafc fans have the opportunity to make their choice, we are trying to create what we believe to be the best possible broadcasting service to fans using the equipment, skills and knowledge we have developed between us over the course of time in different media areas, keep it exciting, impartial, interesting and most importantly free. Its also worth noting that shows are recorded and fans who cant listen to our live show can still listen to a recorded version via Watch Tv on the website at any other time during the week.
  • Options
    I'm not complaining, just making suggestions. I think it sounds great.
  • Options
    I'm not complaining, just making suggestions. I think it sounds great.

At the end of the day this project will be driven by the fans as a result of what happens on the pitch, so anyone who has something to offer is welcome to get involved and all suggestions are welcome. We aim to develop this project into a social enterprise one day and provide opportunities within the Charlton community. 
  • Options
    Interesting idea... I wish you well in your project.
    Anything that promotes Charlton has to be a  good thing.
  • Options
    I'd be careful with the term "Match Day Live" as I believe Talkshite use that for their phone before Stan Collymore's Call Collymore on 08717 223344 where you can call in and he will talk over you, disregard your opinion and make everything to be about him
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm with the person who said are we to small to offer two kinds of this service?

You were once on Charlton Live, were you not? Why would you deliberately go head to head?

I suppose by advertising the fact that it's FREE will pull people away from the existing service?

Still, it's a free world eh. Dog eat dog & all that. But who will ultimately lose???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This could really work if you make it in podcast form available on Itunes by monday or tuesday morning. If the show is available for people to listen to on their way to work quickly it will build up a big following otherwise i fear for it. I really think that Charlton Live are missing a trick by drip feeding their shows in podcast form weeks later when the content is pretty much irrelevant. 
  • Options
    For us overseas fans a show around midday would mean we can tune in as seven pm means middle of night down under

• Options
    We've got some really good stuff lined up for tomorrows show.

Coverage and reaction to the game today.

An exclusive interview with former Addick Darren Pitcher. Who gives a revealing interview.

Interaction with AFC Bournemouth and Sheffield Wednesday Fans.

And a lot more......

• Options
    Sheffield Wednesday fans ? That should be interesting.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The website is now live, join us on "LIVE SHOW" player from 7pm on www.charltonchoicetv.co.uk. You can contact the show tonight by the following methods

Twitter: @cafcchoicetv
    Email: info@charltonchoicetv.co.uk
    Call us 0208 1332994

• Options
    I'll be listening!
  • Options
    Not getting it on iPad :0(
  • Options
    Not getting it on iPad :0(
    Must be the flash player on the iPad. Get on your computer ;)
  • Options

Good show so far. Good for cheapskates like me who havent splashed out for player.