Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

What about chess, do you play that Seth?
    Yes. On gameknot you can play blitz chess, which is what I do.
    In homage to a great band my player name is pink_fairy.
    I like playing correspondence chess, I had a look on gameknot, it looks quite a good website
    Its a very good web site, I have been a member for years. I could not get on with Chess.com, not sure why but hated it.
    Not sure what there’s not to like, Mike?

The website layout is better than the others mentioned and it’s pretty straightforward in its options and how to play?
    I cannot put my finger on it SN, I have been a member on GK for over 20 years and have grown used to it. I did not like the site, lay out or tools Chess.com had to offer and bizarrely it seemed to affect my game.

All very strange but hey ho.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

What about chess, do you play that Seth?
    Yes. On gameknot you can play blitz chess, which is what I do.
    In homage to a great band my player name is pink_fairy.
    I like playing correspondence chess, I had a look on gameknot, it looks quite a good website
    Its a very good web site, I have been a member for years. I could not get on with Chess.com, not sure why but hated it.
    Not sure what there’s not to like, Mike?

The website layout is better than the others mentioned and it’s pretty straightforward in its options and how to play?
    I cannot put my finger on it SN, I have been a member on GK for over 20 years and have grown used to it. I did not like the site, lay out or tools Chess.com had to offer and bizarrely it seemed to affect my game.

All very strange but hey ho.
    Yeah yeah

:wink:

• Options

I'm on Chess World if anyone is interested..

I am also on Chess World, if you would like a game
    That would be good. My rating is around 1650 but fluctuates wildly. I searched under Johnnysummers5 but no luck. I use addick2000
    I am Telboy1944 on Chessworld my rating is around 2000
    That's dead impressive, Terry.
  • Options

I'm on Chess World if anyone is interested..

I am also on Chess World, if you would like a game
    That would be good. My rating is around 1650 but fluctuates wildly. I searched under Johnnysummers5 but no luck. I use addick2000
    I am Telboy1944 on Chessworld my rating is around 2000
    That's dead impressive, Terry.
    It sounds good but Chessworld has a different rating system than Chess.com, it would be 1500+ on there.
    How is your chess these days? do you still play for Dulwich?
  • Options
    I haven’t played chess since our last tournament, is it time to start a new one?
  • Options
    I am on game knot, anybody else?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am on Gameknot, I do not like the Chess.com site.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Do you play blitz chess there? I'm always on it for the instant game against a real opponent. Mind you I have this week entered a tournament for the first time, and am somehow also playing another two day one on one.
  • Options
    I am on Chessworld, I do not like Chess.com either
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Do you play blitz chess there? I'm always on it for the instant game against a real opponent. Mind you I have this week entered a tournament for the first time, and am somehow also playing another two day one on one.
    No I just concentrate on Fast Ladder Games allowing a move every 3 x days, I play every day though so moves are frequent , however if you fancy a one off game game I am bilirubin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're on. Later today on blitz setting? Let's set a time and search for each other, it is possible to keep cancelling until our names match up (I can't find a search facility on game knot) I don't know how else to do it.
    My player name is pink_fairy.
  • Options
    I don’t mind switching to whoever providing it’s not a site one needs to pay to play?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm definitely in. Hong Kong time difference allowing. And as long as we're not playing bullet!

Had no idea we had a massive chess thread on this site!
  • Options
    I used to play blitz chess for free all the time on game knot.
    It went on for years, but a couple of months ago they stopped it, so now I have paid about £20 for a years membership.
  • Options
    I will post a link later for anybody interested.
  • Options
    https://gameknot.com/ is what I use! Hope to see you all there.
  • Options
    Only used chess.com in the past (which I thought was fine) but have signed up to gameknot. What now? 
  • Options
    Will they let you play a game if you have not got a paid subscription? If joined will post later and we can try to coordinate.
  • Options
    I have signed up, was not asked for a subscripton
  • Options
    Anybody fancy going to gameknot?
    You hit 'start game' (fourth one down on the left hand menu)
    Then 'real time chess'
    On the next window hit 'play real time chess'
    Then when the window opens you hit 'create seek'

I am going to go there but will cancel games until I find one of youse. I'll try for about five minutes now
    My player name is 
    pink_fairy

Anybody care to reveal their player names?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sent you a challenge @seth plum
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I sent you a challenge @seth plum
    going there now

• Options
    We're up and running.
  • Options
    talal2020. Took me a while to come up with it. 
  • Options
    It is possible (I haven't a clue how to do it) to set up a Charlton Athletic team. There are three of us, we probably need a fourth at least.
    There is no search facility that I can detect.
  • Options
    OK Talal, I have sent a challenge and done my first move.
  • Options
    I am Johnnysummers5
  • Options
    So I am now playing Chunes, Talal2020 and Johnnysummers5.
    It will keep us going for a few days I'm sure.