Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options

Well played Jints. Yes I blundered but you put me away very competently.

Thanks, having made so many blunders myself I think I was owed one! You defended a difficult position very tenaciously I thought

• Options
    My worst blunder in the tournament so far, just handed my queen over to Talal throwing away a decent position.
  • Options
    Jints said:

My worst blunder in the tournament so far, just handed my queen over to Talal throwing away a decent position.

Actually winced when I saw it. Not over yet but if I go on to win that's both games that I didn't deserve.
  • Options
    Well done QBCQBC, I got a little too passive in that one.

Champion elect again although Talal ran you close this time.
  • Options

I have being assessing the power at my disposal as tournament director. I think I might be able to force the first two moves of every match to be pawn to King 4 followed by the response of pawn to King 4. As an inexperienced player I hate all these other strange openings that people have been using. Would I be abusing my power? Are people going to accuse me of belonging to the Metropolitan Elite?

I'd be happy if you started a tournament with that stipulation. At the moment, I'm playing in a match where every game started 1 c4.
  • Options

Thanks. My blunders against you in our first were calamitous, but well done for keeping probing for an opening.
  • Options

Thanks. My blunders against you in our first were calamitous, but well done for keeping probing for an opening.
    This has been waiting for @DaveMehmet for over a year, but nothing...
  • Options
    Will sign up
  • Options
    I always go for the Polish opening?
    Anybody else?
  • Options
    I am up for more games, if any one wants to play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am up for more games, if any one wants to play

Me too. I wAs shite last time but I've been practising.
  • Options
    I'm on Chess World if anyone is interested..
  • Options
    Chess ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    I am on gameknot
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

What about chess, do you play that Seth?
  • Options

I am also on Chess World, if you would like a game
  • Options

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

Yes. On gameknot you can play blitz chess, which is what I do.
    In homage to a great band my player name is pink_fairy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

I like playing correspondence chess, I had a look on gameknot, it looks quite a good website
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

I like playing correspondence chess, I had a look on gameknot, it looks quite a good website
    Its a very good web site, I have been a member for years. I could not get on with Chess.com, not sure why but hated it.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

Its a very good web site, I have been a member for years. I could not get on with Chess.com, not sure why but hated it.
    Thanks for that Mike, I agree with you about Chess.com, I only joined it, to play in the CL tournaments, I play on Chessworld which I like, but will give gameknot a try
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That would be good. My rating is around 1650 but fluctuates wildly. I searched under Johnnysummers5 but no luck. I use addick2000
  • Options

That would be good. My rating is around 1650 but fluctuates wildly. I searched under Johnnysummers5 but no luck. I use addick2000
    I am Telboy1944 on Chessworld my rating is around 2000
  • Options

We are up and running, best wishes
  • Options

We are up and running, best wishes
    Good luck, enjoy the games
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

Not sure what there’s not to like, Mike?

The website layout is better than the others mentioned and it’s pretty straightforward in its options and how to play?
  • Options
    Do any sites apart from gameknot come for free, and allow an instant game to a finish against a live player?
  • Options
    Is there a good app to download that would be useful for playing online against oppents of our choosing?

It is quite apparent that Seth plum maybe a rather experienced player/ worthy challenge.

Fancy a game?
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

The website layout is better than the others mentioned and it’s pretty straightforward in its options and how to play?
    I don't like the website layout myself on Chess.com, I only joined so I could have the honour of playing you Martin
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Dave2l said:

Is there a good app to download that would be useful for playing online against oppents of our choosing?

It is quite apparent that Seth plum maybe a rather experienced player/ worthy challenge.

Fancy a game?

Yes.
    It is the logistics.
    You have to go to gameknot and sign up as somebody I suppose, it's been years since I did that.
    I think they have various games so you then suss out the chess bit.
    Then you do start game.
    real time chess.
    then create seek
    For us to play each other in a live game we (I think) would both have to be online, seeking, and cancel games with other random players until we meet (shouldn't take long to get connected that way).
    There may be ways to find other players but I have never searched for anybody, just play whoever randomly turns up usually.
    my player name on gameknot is
    pink_fairy
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I am on gameknot

I don't like the website layout myself on Chess.com, I only joined so I could have the honour of playing you Martin
    You smooth talker you @Johnnysummers5