Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Thread

Comments

• Options

Ate at Dishoom in Covent Garden last week. Got some really nice little tasters that did a job at lunchtime.

Would rather know about the food than the waitresses
  • Options

Booked up three places last night.

For our anniversary this Sat night, Launceston Place (Kensington)

For my Birthday in October, Galvin by Windows(Park Lane)

And because it looks a bit different, The Restaurant Story (Tooley St)

Anyone been to any of these? Much to report?

What did you make of Story mate? Love the idea but is the food nice?
    Not been yet. Booked in for Thursday 13th November. Couple weeks to go yet
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JohnBoyUK said:

Went to Uskudar, a Turkish restaurant in Petts Wood last night (there's also one in Tonbridge).

Very busy but very nice food (proper protein overload in the kebabs) and reasonably priced. Would definitely go back.

Did you have a drink in One Inn the Wood? It's the new micropub in Petts Wood and it's excellent.
  • Options
    Had lunch at Clos Maggiore in Cvt Gdn yesterday...we were a bit rushed, so had two starters rather than a main....beautiful and will definitely be back (as all my dining companions said too..).
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Went to Uskudar, a Turkish restaurant in Petts Wood last night (there's also one in Tonbridge).

Very busy but very nice food (proper protein overload in the kebabs) and reasonably priced. Would definitely go back.

Very good food. Hevet in Bromley is good too but very loud.
  • Options

No thrills, but went to a cracking little Italian in Wapping last night called Il Bordello. Massive portions and top notch.

Really don't like the sound of eating out at a bordello
  • Options
    Anyone been to Hix bankside? Got a work lunch there in a couple of weeks and hoping for a decent steak,
  • Options
    edited October 2014

No thrills, but went to a cracking little Italian in Wapping last night called Il Bordello. Massive portions and top notch.

Really don't like the sound of eating out at a bordello
    Maybe you'd prefer eating out at it's Limehouse sister restaurant - La Figa. Same menu and nearly as good.
    There was also a third one by Shad Thames, can't remember the name though and possibly gone anyway. Had a courtyard that was great in the summer for all day lunches

• Options

Had lunch at Clos Maggiore in Cvt Gdn yesterday...we were a bit rushed, so had two starters rather than a main....beautiful and will definitely be back (as all my dining companions said too..).

Great place, been there a few times ...seating in the conservatory is particularly good
  • Options
    Clos maggioreis brill. Always hard to get a table there when we've tried. Really reasonable and superb location and food. Not been for a while now. Had the most amazing rabbit when I went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Foxlow was superb. I'd say hawksmoor light menu. but we had cocktail each, starters, main, sides, dessert, half bottle of wine each plus extra glass and it was absolutely delicious and got free extra after dinner cocktail as they remembered when I booked I said it was a birthday. Came to £120! Bargainous! Spent a lot more on a lot less in the past.
  • Options
    Sunday Roast - Dean Street Townhouse , Dean St, Soho. Absolute class.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary‌

Just back from Restaurant Story.
    Bloody gorgeous. Opted for the 6 course tasting menu. More than enough for any human to eat.
    We got 7 dishes before the actual menu came out. All in all there were 17 courses/dishes.
    Bloody delicious and well worth 65 quid.

We arrived at 7pm and left at 10.45. So don't book your table too late
  • Options

Clos maggioreis brill. Had the most amazing rabbit when I went.

I am now seeing the scene from "When Harry met Sally".
  • Options

@ValleyGary‌

Bloody gorgeous. Opted for the 6 course tasting menu. More than enough for any human to eat.
    We got 7 dishes before the actual menu came out. All in all there were 17 courses/dishes.

Nice one mate, will certainly be checking this out in the new year.
  • Options
    Youngest son Joe and his family are treating me and the wife to Christmas Day lunch at The Swan in West Mallling.
    Just had a peak at the menu......................can't bloody wait!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

@ValleyGary‌

Fat bastard :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    There's a soft launch at Dishoom Kings X on at the minute... 50% off food AND booze until next Wednesday.. no bookings though so might have to turn up and queue

Lyle's in Shoreditch is class. Had a 7 course tasting menu there which was reasonably priced compared to what you'd pay in other similar places and it was exceptional.

• Options
    Went to The Hand and Flowers the other week. Lovely and Tom was there.
  • Options
    Have booked Hand and Flowers for next year. Next available Saturday night table was June
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have booked Hand and Flowers for next year. Next available Saturday night table was June

Having eaten a 24 dishes meal last night, I'm not surprised you've booked your next meal for next year :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    Chutney Mary are opening a new restaurant on St James Street early next year I believe
  • Options
    Barbecoa a few weeks ago. Very nice.
  • Options
    Off to my favourite restaurant, Due Amici tonight
  • Options
    Greek - Elysee in Percy street last night. On the Tastecard so 50 % off grub. Lovely bit of chicken and chips and decent starters too... Both of us full up for £50!
  • Options
    New Turkish restaurant in Sidcup high street - used to be Good Friends Chinese, then a Mexican - opposite mac d's next door to old cinema.

lovely! Amazing bread and salad as freebies before starters.

We didn't have it, but they do this sharing meat thing for £44 for between 2 - 4 people (same price no matter how many people tuck in) HUGE! they also do doggy bags.
  • Options
    I went to the Duck and Waffle before christmas. Oh to be young rich and fabulous. What a great place. Very cool indeed.
  • Options
    Barrafina - top, top tapas bar in Frith Street.
    Disfrútate.
  • Options
    I'm a regular in the duck and waffle
  • Options
    Shag said:

I'm a regular in the duck and waffle

Don't you feel out of place?