Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Thread

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2011

Anyone been into a Bodean's BBQ?

Seen one near Tower Hill and the other Fulham Broadway near Stamford Bridge.

• Options
    yes, there is one I think on Poland Street love it.
  • Options
    yes, there is one I think on Poland Street love it.
    Cheers Suzi
  • Options
    I highly recommend the Afghan restuarant Ariana II in Kilburn High St....And its a BYO with the offy next door.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

le Gavroche (michel roux jr) is amazing had the tasting menu and it was delicious.
    loved Roast, went there for my birthday last week. thought it good value for 2 or 3 courses as the food was splendid. 
    the other Friday went to Heston's Dinner which was an awesome experience. meat fruit and wing rib of beef! mmmmmm 
    last year went to Murano just before ramsey sold to angela hartnett. tasting menu was great.&nbsp
    Anyone been to Murano lately? My missus has won a free 7 course tasting menu there and we get to watch Angela Hartnett in the kitchen too. They've also thrown in a night in claridges, afternoon tea & £200. Result!
  • Options
    PRIMMA Donna West Wickham, superb.
    Portal in Clerkenwell if you want to see Mourinho when he in town.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Went to the one at Tower Hill a fortnight ago. Humungous plate of ribs, was excellent. If you've a group of 8-12 of you, they've got downstairs a little private booth bit that seperates you from the rest of the restaurant.

• Options
    Went to the Hawksmoor at 7 Dials yesterday. Proper steak blowout.
  • Options
    Nice!

I had a steak at High Timber the other night, SAfrican place down on the river at Thames St. Very good steak.

Going to Vivat Bacchus tonight on Tooley St. Not been there either - going to be broke shortly.
  • Options
    Curb-It dont worry Tav is loaded !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rocksalt is good, but for really excellent food down this way it has to be the Marquis at Alkham. Charlie Lakin is a great chef and a lovely bloke. Well worth a visit.
  • Options
    Off to Due Amici in Chislehurst with the outlaws tomorrow night
  • Options

DA9 said:

Went to the one at Tower Hill a fortnight ago. Humungous plate of ribs, was excellent. If you've a group of 8-12 of you, they've got downstairs a little private booth bit that seperates you from the rest of the restaurant.

Cheers

• Options
    DA9 said:

Was there for lunch yesterday. Have been going there for years but it's clear they are being hit by the recession.

Menu needs a kickstart....

• Options
    Duck and Waffle at the top of the Heron Tower in Bishopsgate is quality....suggest only go though if someone else is paying or you can expense it!!
  • Options

DA9 said:

Was there for lunch yesterday. Have been going there for years but it's clear they are being hit by the recession.

Menu needs a kickstart....

We go every year for xmas, love the place

• Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Cheers

bodean's is the nuts, you can also buy their food and it gives you the cooking instructions which i shall be trying next time i go there
  • Options
    We've just opened a restaurant within my bar in Rochester. Any medway people pop by check it out

www.oliversrochester.co.uk
  • Options
    scruffle said:

We've just opened a restaurant within my bar in Rochester. Any medway people pop by check it out

Food looks very tasty going by the menu. We've been looking for somewhere decent to go in Rochester.

• Options
    Pop down say hello!!

I know what you mean, a lot of alright places not many good places thou!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #scruffle just to say you have two different sets of opening times on your website.
  • Options
    Went to cafe pacifico last night

Shit food shit service banging booze

Avoid if hungry go to if you wabt to get pished
  • Options

Went to cafe pacifico last night

Shit food shit service banging booze

Avoid if hungry go to if you wabt to get pished

We went there a few years ago, there was a dead mouse next to where the waiters had cutlery etc. we told them and they did not bat a eyelid and were not apologetic at all, never need back
  • Options
    #jonny73, yeah we have the bar opening times and th opening times of restaurant service (i hope, will check not thou, cheers!!)
  • Options
    Had the misfortune to go for a meal at the savoy grill, truly awful, long delay before being seated around an an hour, when food turned up most of it was cold.
  • Options
    Never ever eat in The Savoy. I've seen the kitchen.

Went for lunch at Arbutus last week. Michelin food for a decent price. Go check it out. Very nice
  • Options

Went for lunch at Arbutus last week. Michelin food for a decent price. Go check it out. Very nice

Thanks, now you tell us :-), we all work in the food industry so we all know what restaurant kitchens are like. If you want horror stories concerning food factories then I am your man, amazing I still eat any food at all?
  • Options
    mr wu.shaftesbury avenue.
  • Options

Thanks, now you tell us :-), we all work in the food industry so we all know what restaurant kitchens are like. If you want horror stories concerning food factories then I am your man, amazing I still eat any food at all?
    I worked at McDonalds in the Glades when I was 17. Their cleanliness was absolute, everything had to be spotless. Shame I cannot say the same about their food.
  • Options
    scruffle said:

I'll come down and have something to eat there, looks a million times better now than it ever did as enema. Are you opening the back yard bit up again?