Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More new signings expected at Valley

Comments

• Options
    i was thinking O'grady too largeaddick
  • Options
    Who do leIcester want?.
  • Options

Great minds think alike. Fits the bill for me.

Football rumours say we are to sign Andrew Davies from Stoke. Been on trial at Palace who are looking at loaning him. One year left on his Stoke contract, signed for 4 yrs when signing from Southampton for1.5m. Would think Stoke would be happy to get him off the wage bill. Been injury prone but at 6 ft 3in and 26 could be the centre half we are looking for.
  • Options

Great minds think alike. Fits the bill for me.

Football rumours say we are to sign Andrew Davies from Stoke. Been on trial at Palace who are looking at loaning him. One year left on his Stoke contract, signed for 4 yrs when signing from Southampton for1.5m. Would think Stoke would be happy to get him off the wage bill. Been injury prone but at 6 ft 3in and 26 could be the centre half we are looking for.

Would be quality Large but Palace have been really pleased with him and can't help but think its a sad Palace fan trying to make it look like they've got one over on us, when they sign him.
  • Options

Now if we could add a right back to the list & ship out that useless lump francis back to the 4th division where he belongs I think we could be set for an interesting season ;-) 

Not sure if that assortment of punctuation marks at the end means your comment's tongue in cheek but have you seen many of the pre-season games?

Very encouraging statement from a man who so far has lived up to what he's promised. Along with CP, he seems to have addressed exactly what most fans have expressed concerns about.

• Options
    Chris O'Grady has in the last couple of days turned down a move to Sheff Weds after agreeing terms with them. One Rochedale board reckons he has had a better offer from elsewhere. Fee was believed to be about 500k. Is exactly the guy we need. Hope we are interested.
  • Options
    is he really worth 500k though?
  • Options
    Well if we are after a 20 goal a season striker then 1) they don't grow on trees meaning 2) they are not cheap.
  • Options
    He scored 9 last season for a team that finished just outside the play offs. Rasiak is more likely to get 20 than him.
  • Options
    22 in 43 the previous season. Last season he was often the loan front man hence the reason why Jones etc scored so many from midfield as the supporting strikers as it were. Pacy, good on the ball. I'd be happy with him. Then again I'd be happy with McDonald or ALF.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that 22 was in League Two though. He could be a good partner for BWP dont get me wrong, but he's not worth 500k.
  • Options
    if rasiak is as lazy is people make out then he is not what we need after the last 5 years of shit.

our fans just dont have the patience anymore and rightly so.
  • Options
    Who ever we sign , i hope we sign good quality players, even if it means stretching the budget , it will be worth it in the end , and could be the difference between automatic , and the lottery of the playoffs , Mr Slater thank you for what you've done so far , but we do need to push the boat out a bit further.
  • Options
    Who ever we sign , i hope we sign good quality players, even if it means stretching the budget , it will be worth it in the end , and could be the difference between automatic , and the lottery of the playoffs , Mr Slater thank you for what you've done so far , but we do need to push the boat out a bit further.

e
    Well said.
  • Options
    if rasiak is as lazy is people make out then he is not what we need after the last 5 years of shit.

our fans just dont have the patience anymore and rightly so.

Good point
  • Options

A good pacy, tall defender is more of a priority than a striker. Powell has signed Hayes after a long chase and surely intends him to be a starter. Benson is staying as, of course, is Wright-Phillips. It would be a waste of money to sign an expensive striker and have him warming the bench. The new side looks to have a few goals in it from midfield. IF Euell signs, he and Benson would be back up to Hayes and W-P with Wagstaff, a proven scorer, there as well. I have a feeling that Wagstaff may be better up front as an 'attacking inside forward' (I love these old fashioned terms) than as a winger.

The issue is to find a pacy, cheapish, avaialble pacy, tall central defender. How much for Tomkins at West Sham?

• Options

The thing about "lazy" front players is that they would argue - and I would agree to some extent - that they do not want to spend 90 minutes using up all of their energy racing across the front line closing down defenders and chasing lost causes.

Their argument - and I have heard this in separate interviews from two different "lazy" front players in Cantona and Berbatov - is that they should concentrate their efforts in the central attacking area to ensure that their best efforts are not spent a long way from the penalty area.

Look at BWP, how much time does he spend closing down full-backs etc? He keeps his movement to a relatively small areas of the pitch because he knows that if he is forever getting dragged into channel runs that take him away from goal that he won't be in the box to finish thing off.

My guess is that Rasiak has a similar mentality which is not one that most English fans have much time for given that we like to see our players "put in a shift" so to speak.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    What Ormiston said. We are obsessed in this country with box to box players with "good engines". These attributes have have overtaken technique and skill in the British game. Its why the England team are shown up by all comers time after time.
  • Options
    Slater does seem like a good egg to me.
    40/50 year old Man city fans are generally good purveyors of the beautiful game.Seen the highs and lows and don't get carried away.Bit like us really.

40/50 year old Man utd fans on the other hand.......
  • Options
    We need at least two pieces of business to be concluded this week IMHO. A quality CH is essential any other signing a bonus. Hope the funds run to pushing the boat out for a centre back. Not convinced we have a promotion winning back four at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marcus Bent!!!!

:/
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Need another CB, at least one more striker but potentially two especially if someone comes back in for Benson and if Francis goes we need another RB as a matter of urgency.

Also i think we are perhaps missing a true left winger. We have attacking LBs in Wiggins and Evina, a holding wide player in JJ and youth options in Harriott and Bover. Perhaps CP sees that squad cover as sufficient though.
  • Options
    Just came up

Not to interrupt your somnolent Sunday or anything, but how about a bit of transfer news? Cafc twitter
  • Options
    A goalkeeper? Maybe talks of Elliot moving on are true?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yep, in talks with Ben Hamer of Reading, 23, keeper
  • Options
    Ben hamer discussing personal terms.
  • Options
    Very interesting. I'd imagine it would be advanced to appear on the O/S and very likely to complete.

Where does this leave Elliott? 
  • Options
    What is it with Reading and goalkeepers?  They've got quite a production line, haven't they?  I wonder who their goalkeeping coach is.
  • Options
    That's positive news in my opinion. Doubt he would be coming to sit on bench here rather than there.