Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Horse Racing Betting advice, Please ?

Was in the Lion earlier, laughing about "betting". Long story short: 
Paid £2-20 into a "Yankee". Was told about "doubles", "trebles"....etc.
Got confused (easy done) so in the end we did 4 horses on a 40p Eachway Yankee.

Simple question:
1 Horse won, 1 came 2nd, 1 3rd and bloody Ken's Girl is still running.

Do we have anything to pick-up or do you need 4 "places" ?

Comments

• Options
    You have won something yes. 
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    you have 3 placed horses but get nothing extra for the winner, that horse is treated as a 'placed' horse .. so it looks as though you have a place treble and 3 place doubles (that is horses 1 2 and 3 for the treble, 1&2, 1&3 AND 2&3 for the doubles). Your return will depend on the starting prices, usually e/w you get either 1/4 or 1/5 of the odds, depending on the type of race & the number of runners. Don't spend it all @ once. 
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    have a little punt on a double today @ Goodwood: Kingsgate Native (2.45), Wild Coco (3.45), skinny odds though
  • Options
    on reflection .. dont back 'em
  • Options
    I know nothing about horses but love Kingsgate Native as I won over £500 on him a few years back.
  • Options

Dont touch the horses.It is getting more bent by the day!

• Options

It depends how many runners were in the races where you had your 2nd horse and 3rd horse.

As long as there was 5+ in the "2nd place horse" race that counts and as long as there was 8+ in the "3rd place horse" race that also counts.

• Options

It depends how many runners were in the races where you had your 2nd horse and 3rd horse.

As long as there was 5+ in the "2nd place horse" race that counts and as long as there was 8+ in the "3rd place horse" race that also counts.

For our £8-80 stake, We picked up £10-96 !
    ;-)
  • Options

Really fancy Harris Tweed in the first and Green Destiny in the 3rd at Goodwood tomorrow.

Done a double and 2 singles.

• Options
    Harris Tweed I know about .. let's have a butchers' at Green Destiny .. is it a progeny of Green Green Desert?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that Fallon!! .. bt Harris by a head
  • Options

Just saw the result online at work, well pissed off, Did he do his usual front running tactics?

• Options

Just saw the result online at work, well pissed off, Did he do his usual front running tactics?

Harris led all the way until the last 5 yards, Fallon on Drunken Sailor (owned by the Brighton F C owner) did him on the line .. no doubt on the right horse, Fallon is the best ever. Green Destiny was nowhere and looked a tired horse.
  • Options
    cheers mate, sounds like my usual luck. Watched Green Destiny's race and he was well and truley shocking, not the same horse that pissed a race last saturday.
  • Options
    cheers mate, sounds like my usual luck. Watched Green Destiny's race and he was well and truley shocking, not the same horse that pissed a race last saturday.

better 'luck' next time