Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Weekend in the City - Bloc Party

right brought it last night, and it's a darn good album, seems to be split in two, first half is a pretty angry attack on the world we live in, loads of sampled beats, big guitar sections and a follow on from stuff like Helicopters. Then all of the sudden it turns more into a indie pop album, more like 'two more year'.

Worth buying, excellent second album, prefer Slient Album, but only just.

Comments

• quality group, silent alarm is an excellent album, tough to top imo! I will give the new one a blast for sure.
  • Do people still buy albums ?

Last artist album I bought was probably either the Jam or the Clash, never heard of these weirdo groups people keep talking about.
  • Also, what I should have added after a couple more listens, is I don't know how this album will translate to the US, it's very London, let alone very British, and it'll probably go over the heads of a lot of people in America
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Also, what I should have added after a couple more listens, is I don't know how this album will translate to the US, it's very London, let alone very British, and it'll probably go over the heads of a lot of people in America

wouldnt be hard tho would it, thicko's they are the ol shermans!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Do people still buy albums ?

Last artist album I bought was probably either the Jam or the Clash, never heard of these weirdo groups people keep talking about.

sign of age my friend.
  • Yeah, I listened to it on the way in - still don't feel I've listened enough to really judge it - early impressions are very good though. Don't think it has the instant appeal that Silent Alarm had but that's often the case with the best albums (not that I wouldn't rate Silent Alarm as one of the best).

See what you mean about it almost being split in two as well, it's like he tired himself out being so angry in the first half he had to chill out a bit at the end!

Also bought the Noisettes album the other day - definitely recommend that too, 'What's the Time Mr Wolf?' - cracking album.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Also, what I should have added after a couple more listens, is I don't know how this album will translate to the US, it's very London, let alone very British, and it'll probably go over the heads of a lot of people in America

thats bloc party thou ain't it?? got that whole london 'garage' feel, it is a wkd album thou love the first half of it, thrashin

noisette's album is ace aswell, played at my club old club other month, were rather good