Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mobile Phone charges and children help !

AS a complete dick on phone things   can you when taking a service agreement for say 1000 mins then set up the phone so that after  a 1000 mins it will not work anymore  ( i guess not as the mobile phone companys love you to go over ) and or can you block certain numbers from being phoned ie my daughters boyfriends number............iof course  i pay for and have control over the phone except the bloody huge bills lol   i  am a few hundred miles away from her so cannot just take the phone away  . cheers

Comments

• Options
    Would you be better off getting her a pay-as-you-go phone and agreeing to put on £X per week/month? Then if she spends it she spends it, but at least you know you wont be getting stung every month. Get her input as to what she thinks is a reasonable amount and then get her to stick to it.

Just a thought. Good luck.
  • Options
    some great pay as you go deals about at the moment or one month pay as you go deals.
  • Options
    Pay as you go is def the best route ,otherwise you will rack up huge bills, at least that way she can't take the michael.
  • Options
    how many minutes do people normally get through?
  • Options
    You can watch the usage online with Voda, so you would be able to see when she was approaching the limit,
  • Options
    I just got a contract phone for my daughter and when i was talking to the guy about it, he told me when the phone arrives, just call customer services and they'll cap it for me. When i rang them, the woman told me that they can do that no problem but only when she reaches £50 (her contract is £20).  So make sure you look into it properly and go to the phone shop and get any information in writing, rather than talking to a salesman thousands of miles away.
  • Options
    Pay as you go and give them a monthly allowance. Apart from anything else it teaches them to understand the importance of managing money carefully.
  • Options
    I am a distributor for Utility Warehouse, we have a mobile phone facility called "budget control" which for a small monthly cost (less than £2), you can limit the phone usage to the amount of the bundled minutes. If they are used up during the month, the phone cannot be used unless it is manually topped up. In other words it converts to PAYG for the rest of the month.

I can give you countless examples of horror stories of where a teenager has gone massively over their bundled minutes and racked up hundreds of £s of costs. This unique facility stops all this.

If anybody is interested, sent me a direct message.
  • Options
    To greenie and dartfordgent, please check you inbox as I have sent messages to you regarding your questions relating the Budget Control feature we offer.